Thread: How to connect VMWare Fusion to Windows based server

How to connect VMWare Fusion to Windows based server

I installed a virtual machine Windows server on VMWare Fusion 3 in order to play online games. Then I installed Call of Duty 4 without problem. The game starts up when I'm in the menu, everything is fluid, but when I connect to a server (internet or local), the image is saturated, this lag and it is therefore impossible to play. Can you help me find where does the problem? Is this a connection problem? How do I configure Vmware? Is that perhaps I should install windows server with boot camp to make it work?

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to connect VMWare Fusion to Windows based server

To use SCSI disks in a virtual machine Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you need the special SCSI driver available below. Using this updated driver will improve performance of virtual SCSI disk in Windows 2000 virtual machines. This driver is intended for Windows guest operating systems running on VMware Fusion. he SCSI driver does not need to be downloaded separately when you use the default installation of Windows to create your Windows virtual machines.

I remembered a trick, your old programs should work with the compatibility mode of Windows XP ...
    - Right-click on the icon of the application (*. exe)
    - Select "Properties"
    - Compatibility tab,
    - Check "Run this program compatibility mode for:
    - Select an operating system, "Windows 98" should do the trick ...
    It can walk and be a less burdensome than visualization. If it does not actually visualization can help, and yes, you just remind me that cd of OS by the year 2000 could not be bootable, but came with a bootable floppy disk that was it.

VMWare Fusion compatible 64-bit and three Aero, VMware announced the release of VMWare Fusion 3.0, its visualization solution "desktop" for Mac OS X. Already available, version 3, VMware Fusion brings novelty, especially in graphics. Thus, the software now supports WDDM, and therefore with the Aero interface of Windows Vista and 7. The 3D compatibility is seen also improved with support for OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 9.0c (Shader Model 3), which theoretically allows to run many games without using a BootCamp partition. Obviously, it will assess performance in practice.

The visualization is a lot of interest and interesting possibilities. In the world of mac, visualization is well known for having a Windows environment on our Mac desktop OS. VMware has released version 2.0 of its VMware Fusion has a novelty for my main, the system visualization Mac OSX server. know that vmware mac only works on MacOS, so that there is a version that works without OS which is already a very big constraint for a central server hosting. such center in the machine launches visualization on the hardware.

VMWare Fusion uses a virtual network connection to the remote host. This allows the virtual machine to connect to the Internet, access local files. The virtual machine therefore has a specific IP address. To get it in the terminal, enter the following command:
    ifconfig vmnet1
    This command will return you something like this:
    vmnet1: flags = 8863 mtu 1500 <UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
    ether 0:50:56: c0: 00:01
    inet 172.16.120.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 172.16.120.255