Thread: Remote Desktop Windows Logo Key STUCK

Remote Desktop Windows Logo Key STUCK

I remote into a Win2003 server and then run IE to allow a vendor to connect for support. Ever since the vendor disconnected last time and I closed my remote session, now everytime I remote into that server I can't type correctly because it's like the Windows Logo key is stuck down,,,when I type the letter E in a dos box it opens my computer, if I type the letter D it displays my desktop. How can I get rid of it? I can't physically reach the server and I don't want to remotely restart the server? I may ask someone at the site to actually install a keyboard and mouse on the rack server and have him work with me over the phone!!!! Do you think attaching a "real" keyboard to the server will allow me to type properly?
    thanks

ThumbsUp Re: Remote Desktop Windows Logo Key STUCK

Use Cntl+Alt+End ---> It will open up the remote desktop options-> Click Shutdown -> Choose option 'Restart' . After restarting the issue, key press issue was not appearing

Re: Remote Desktop Windows Logo Key STUCK

I too have a Remote Desktop connection here. First if you just reboot your system the problem solves most of the time. In my case the DSL connection gives a max upload speed of 1 Mbps. So it must be optimized for the RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). For this I had even limited the display to 16bit (65000 colors). Sometime the security applications in the system also cause the issue.