Thread: Windows - Uninstall Operating Systems on VMware Fusion

Windows - Uninstall Operating Systems on VMware Fusion

I just installed VMware Fusion for testing purpose on my mac system. I then installed Windows XP on that and it worked well for sometime. The virtual machine is providing all the option that I can use and try on Windows. It is quiet impressive also. Now I do not need this back again. I had not used the same for long time and want to remove this completely. Need help for that.

Re: Windows - Uninstall Operating Systems on VMware Fusion

The best and easiest way to fix this is trying AppZapper. With this program I had removed the Parallels and Fusion several times. There is a similar program free, but I can not remember the name. You can always use the trial version and uninstall the program with AppZapper. It is a payable application but you can search for a free version of the same and remove it from your Mac system.

VMware brings an uninstall utility with VMware Fusion application. To remove the Windows XP installed on VMWare you need to go to your username > documents > Virtual machines and strips directly to the trash. This many times works and it clears up all the files from the system. You can also checkout for some VMWare cleanup utility which can remove the program on some clicks.

Simply delete the file that has the name of the Windows operating system and you can find that by looking for the name and size. This is usually of several gigabytes and then depending on the size you can install it. Vmware is also optimized for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, especially running in 64 bits and the remove is just simple. You will need to move the Windows files to trash.

I found a much easier solution for that. I had simply upgraded my system to 10.6.3 and the update there had wiped the machine completely. I had then created a new one without problems and there are no errors also. You must also search for updates and then wipe out all the stuff. It will not cause any issue on your system so if you want you can let the thing as it is.

AppZapper can be the most easy way for it. This allows you to remove Virtually installed operating system. You can just wipe out any application with that. Once dragged AppZapper finds all calls to external files and identifies all that understand that are related to the program files to uninstall. You can then put them to a convenient list and delete out those files which you do not want at all.

Dr. V Guest

I had recenly removed VMware fusion tool and now I got rid of the same. Here you just need to delete the file which is created by VMWare from your parent directory and the operating system just goes off. The other way is to download the original .dmg program which you can download from vmware site. Then after mounting the folder you can see a readme file in that and a installation icon. You will also find a uninstallation icon there. Run the script.