Thread: MacBook Pro Ram Reset Trick

MacBook Pro Ram Reset Trick

I have 2GB ram DDR2 PC5300 ram running on 667Mhz on my Macbook Pro. I have a 15 inch macbook which was purchased last year. Now I am facing some slow issue on my macbook and I want to reset the ram. Either I can upgrade to 4 GB. But I am not sure how to do that and does know anything about the same. What can I do here to improve my systems speed.

Re: MacBook Pro Ram Reset Trick

In your case it is useless to take the DDR3 RAM. Even if it is more efficient on the macbook pro you will have to any how search for the RAM which is equivalent to your system frequency 667 mhz. This is because of the motherboard in macbook pro. And if you go for an upgrade for that then it is much more expensive.Try calling the customer care of apple and look for further support.

Here is a possible way to test your mac system. Press C at startup and the computer boots from a CD / DVD bootable. Then press D at startup and you can see Apple Hardware Test (AHT) at the startup mode. Now press Control-Apple-PR until you hear two beeps which will resets the NVRAM. Reboot your system and then check back again. If that gains some performance then delete some of the applications in your system.

In the Apple Hardware Test which runs from the Bootable disc of Apple givse you much higher options for checking your system compatibility. In that press option and the computer starts, in Management Mode Boot which is the Startup Manager with which you can choose which disk to start the mac. Then press N also constitutes the first network Bootable disk found. After that Press F12 to eject the disc.

Whenever there is something in our Mac is not working as it should, the first step recommended is to reset PRAM and NVRAM. It's not something to be done regularly, even restoring the PRAM should be the last resort to be used, and only after all other causes of the problem have been excluded. The PRAM (parameter random access memory) and VRAM that maintain a variety of settings that will be used by the system before the operating system is loaded, these settings are retained even when you turn off the Notebook.

Yes that is quiet correct but if that does not works then you need to upgrade the same. Turn off the compute and then locate the following keys on the keyboard and then press the command, option, P and R. In step 4 you must hold down simultaneously. Turn on your computer and then Press and hold down the Command-Option-PR. Press the key combination before the gray screen appears. Hold down the keys until the computer has restarted and until you hear the startup sound for the second time.

If the ram reset fails then you might have some hardware issue in your system. If not resolved in this way you can try to reset the PMU (Power Management) by these simple steps. First for force quitting hot the Option-Command-Esc key and then press the restart key combination. For that hold the Control-Command-Power. Once done for shutting down the system you have to hold the power button for 10 seconds. The PMU is a computer chip that controls the backlight, the deceleration of the hard drive, the sleep mode is activated, charging aspects, trackpad functions and input / output on the computer's sleep mode.