Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Any one using backtrack 4?I have trouble installing it on VIrtualBox.please help?

Operating Systems

Old 20-07-2010

Any one using backtrack 4?I have trouble installing it on VIrtualBox.please help?

I get this error (click this link to see the screen capture of the error )
i'm using the .iso image

http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/x...nt=b4error.jpg
thanks

Old 20-07-2010

Re: Any one using backtrack 4?I have trouble installing it on VIrtualBox.please help?

If you want to resolve this issue or error then simply type “fixvesa” from the command prompt and then click the enter key. You will see the below line after clicking enter that will let you know that the vesa xorg.conf file is now the active X configuration. Backtrack 4 fixvesa Command Output:[*] Copying /etc/X11/xorg.conf-vesa to /etc/X11/xorg.conf

You then need to type the startx again followed by the enter key after running the fixvesa command, afterwards if everything is done properly then Backtrack 4 X server will launch without any problems.
Old 20-07-2010

Re: Any one using backtrack 4?I have trouble installing it on VIrtualBox.please help?

It worked.Thanks a lot!

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,