Thread: How to Stop Windows Update And Remove Icon

How to Stop Windows Update And Remove Icon

I would like to know whether the windows Automatic update can be disabled since i have just started using an internet connection with limited broadband usage. So i think that to save my broadband usage it would be better to use turn off the windows Automatic updates. Please tell me how can i get the update disable in windows also i wanted to remove the Alert icon

Re: How to Stop Windows Update And Remove Icon

It is not advisible to disable the Automatic update. Before Windows installs important updates as they become available, select the automatic update. The significant updates provide significant benefits such as improved security and reliability. You can also set Windows to automatically install recommended updates, which may involve non-critical issues and help you better use of the computer. The Optional updates and Microsoft updates are not downloaded or installed automatically.

You can disable automatic update of Windows XP. To do this, you must go to the Start menu of the taskbar, and click Control Panel. Then, when the Performance and Maintenance window opens, choose Administrative Tools. In this final section, select Services. A window appears displaying a number of services managed by Windows. Then follow the steps mentioned below
    • Click the right mouse button on AutoUpdate. In the menu that appears, choose Properties.
    • Another window will appear: in the Startup type box, select Disabled. Now the Automatic Update service is disabled, install Service Pack 2 you should no longer be offered.

Early warning: The system takes longer supports automatic updates of Windows, we will need to make yourself regularly on the Windows Update to make the updates necessary security.

Right-click on the Windows Security Alert icon → Open the Security Center. Since the Windows Security Center, click Change the way Security Center Alerts me. A new window opens and Windows asks you a simple question: Would you like to be notified about security issues.

Three answers are offered:
    1. Yes, notify me and display the icon (recommended).
    2. Do not warn me, but display the icon.
    3. Do not warn me and not display the icon (not recommended)

Your goal is to remove the icon "Windows Security Alert", then select the answer No. 3 and the icon disappears immediately from the taskbar.

Avast Home is free to request a registration key sent by mail. The activation key does not expire, but the updates are available for 14 months. After this period, it is necessary to register again. This is the procedure in pictures! Do not panic if this happens, the solution is simple and fast I put 2 minutes, watch in hand.

Using the automatic updates, there will be no need to search for the windows updates online or worry about the critical Windows patches that could possibly default on the computer. Since windows will automatically search for updates to the latest for your computer. According to the Windows Update settings you choose, Windows can install updates automatically or notify you of their availability. Why are you so afraid of the windows update it is good for your PC.

You will have to go to Start -> control panel -> security center -> automatic updates -> turn off automatic updates. Although it is always wise to obtain an original OS that copies (such as checking) give headaches. Removing the update icon is not beneficial for your system so i would recommend you to simply turn off the updates.