Thread: Timestamps on Java Console

Timestamps on Java Console

When opening an applet and the console is enabled, there are a series of debug messages which are output to the console, for instance:

security: Loading certificates from Deployment session certificate store
    security: Loaded certificates from Deployment session certificate store

these are prefixed with separate tags just security: or basic: or network: Do you have any idea about the way through which I can also enable timestamps, so that these debug messages contain a time output as well? For example:

(1273019978865) security: Loading certificates from Deployment session certificate store
    (1273019979084) security: Loaded certificates from Deployment session certificate store

Re: Timestamps on Java Console

I have done the installation of Operations on the Solaris Server. I finished the installation of java console in a windows box. From the java console message browser the time received messages section displays time 3 hours ahead. I am not getitng any way , would you tell me how to resolve this timezone issues ?Any help would be appreciated ..??

This is a known problem here , I didn't solve this before. Is your Java UI and OVO Server are located on two separate time zones? Either the issue is

1.Java UI consumes the time zone configurations from the desktop where it executes and shows that time. (or)

2.There was some problem in time zone configuration in the Solaris server that you require to configuration the Time Zone to the opposite of what your actual time zone is (for instance if you are in +3 GMT, you configure in Solaris as -3 GMT) . I am not completely sure on both options here ,please check out .
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks for your prompt reply and I would appreciate your suggestion . I have configured the windows box clock to a time where the offset would "resolve" my ovo messages time. Then after I have done the installation of java console and resolved the clock once again. The components are actings well now. There must exist a Java variable to configure within the ito_java.bat and resolve this ! But which ?

As you told me, it seems that the Java Startup Files? According to me, it's not possible and you can reconfigure the TimeZone variables at that place. By the way, how did you fix the occurred problem here ? Was the timezone configuration seems incorrect in the desktop or did you configured the timezone settings to the similar as your OVO server? If So, then this is a one time configuration and why do you require to implement it within the Java startup files?
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The operating system stated as solaris and and windows were configured to GMT -3. For some undetected cause, java console was displaying the time in a 3 hour offset.

Solaris 15:00 (GMT -3)
    Windows 15:00 (GMT -3)
    Java console messages: 18:00 (??)

I have configured the windows clock to 12:00. I have done the Installation of java console and configured it again with the 15:00. Now, java console messages are fine. I am sure that it is not a better fix for this but worked until can find such type of magic variable..