Thread: Enable Xmanager on solaris 10

Enable Xmanager on solaris 10

Hi guys !
    I have installed recently and now started working on Solaris 10 with V20Z , I have issues the command as sys-unconfig , after proper inputs system is starting and moving into the multiuser environment system . I can go for any task through the terminal console but the issue is that I can't access the system via either telnet or Xterm software . Please suggest me a work around to fix such type of problem.

Thanks in advance .

Re: Enable Xmanager on solaris 10

I was suffering with the problem of getting session of solaris 10 on Xmanager . I would recommend to go through the suggested steps to make enable the xmanager for solaris 10 operating system .

1- edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    # X11 tunneling options
    X11Forwarding yes
    X11DisplayOffset 10
    X11UseLocalhost yes

2- /etc/init.d/dtlogin start

Now, The above parameter settings will help you to switch into the Xmanager .Finished ..

There are so many users have been posted here and asking to set up the connection in proper way and you know I am in the same way and running with the same issue and I am unable to login on CDE via the X manager on solaris server. After issuing the appropriate UserID and password it is getting disconnect. Any help to resolve my issues please .....

I have go through the above suggested procedures to resolve the issue but still not getting any result . Besides I have performed the below specified :

# uname -a
    SunOS SUN-2 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240

# svccfg
    svc:> select cde-login
    svc:/application/graphical-login/cde-login> listprop arg
    dtlogin/args astring
    svc:/application/graphical-login/cde-login> setprop dtlogin/args=astring:" -udpPort 177"
    svc:/application/graphical-login/cde-login> quit
    # svcadm restart cde-login
    # ps -ef |grep dtlogin
    root 25145 23150 0 06:22:50 pts/1 0:00 grep dtlogin
    root 24997 1 0 06:22:01 ? 0:00 /usr/dt/bin/dtlogin -daemon -udpPort 177
    Still no luck and finally not getting any way to get rid from this very issue. Please help me out from this issue..

Hi there, I have an idea to do this but you have to modify the configuration file for this very task and that would make the effect on the functionality of the login environment.

Just move to the file /etc/default/login on your solaris machine and comment this line out.
    #CONSOLE=/dev/console

perhaps it helps ! Just give it a try first and post me back if you have anymore issues or getting any issues after applying this procedure.

Thanks

Hi
    i have done the above given setting on Sun solaries 10 server still i not able to connect from my windows xp system

Xmanager is a high performance X server. It runs on Microsoft Windows operating system. It uses the network TCP / IP to connect to Unix or Linux. Try this out go to /etc/default/login on your solaris mashine and comment this line out.#CONSOLE=/dev/console. This might give out some support. But the things are more complicated here.

Hi Thanks for the reply ,I already updated the above comment but still the problem remain same.

I had faced a similar issue before when I had upgraded from Solaris 9 to 10. My connection was also terminated and there were much issue with RDC. Just ensure that in SMF the cde-login is called properly. I had set the same right not to -udpPort 0. It is possible that it will work if the property for the same is set to null and it might listen to default UDP port. This can be changed with svccfg. Try sun forums for that. You will get much more help for the same.