Thread: Zen micro driver for Windows Vista

Zen micro driver for Windows Vista

I just bought a new laptop that has Windows Vista as an operating system. I recently wanted to connect my Creative Zen Micro 6GB after installing the driver supplied with it but my computer refused to read it. I will wish to know whether or not a driver compatibility between creative Zen Micro and Vista and if so where I can find.?? Please tell me something so that I can fox this issue. Hoping that someone hanging out there will be interested in helping me as soon as possible.

Re: Zen micro driver for Windows Vista

You should be knowing the main thing (I read from creative website), that this player is not intended for use with Windows Vista. For your drive be recognized by your PC running Vista, you must first perform the firmware update to your drive from a PC with Windows XP operating system. To do this, starting Windows XP, please follow the instructions below to verify that your product is detected by your computer:
    1. On desktop icon, right click and select Properties.
    2. A page appears, select equipment then Device Manager.
    3. If your product not appear in the list or that a point yellow question mark or a yellow mark appears, you must reinstall your product using the CD installation.
    Temporary signature

I would like to suggest you to do the firmware update. Can you access the menu of your backup drive, you must :
    1. Turn the player off and disconnect the PC. Make sure the unit is fully charged.
    2. Remove the battery drive
    3. Press the button to start the drive while you insert the battery, leave keep your finger on the button lit for a few seconds.

You will see a screen showing the menu collection :
    1. Clean Up (Clean - Scans and cleans the hard drive)
    2. All Format (Format All - All content will be lost, even the content pre-installed)
    3. Reload OS (reinstall the operating system - do not choose this option only if the firmware is available for download)
    4. Reboot (Restart - Restarts the Creative Zen Micro)
    JUSTVICKS returns with a great relief
    and freedom is my realistic belief
    all above all
    someone shall fall
    but not me
    just wait and see.

Allow the player connects to the USB port of your PC. Once the backup file, please double-click on the file to launch the executable. Once the update makes your reader should be correctly detected by your PC using Vista. You will find all the applications needed to run your player is compatible with Vista. Hope that you got some hints to try. There are chances that your issue will get fixed.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

My problem was identical to yours: my creative zen micro 6 GB not recognized in Vista. I found on the net had to do the update firmware. On Windows XP :
    1. Download the firmware
    2. connect the player on a PC with XP (for it acknowledges)
    3. Double-click the file to launch the application
    4. The update is done but needs a deletion of all the music on the player
    5. If the download stops at 3 / 4 around it may be normal (at least, is what happened and we have the possibility)
    6. The update is installed

On Vista :
    7. Trying to connect the Zen Micro on Vista: the driver installs perfectly and it is recognized in the workplace.
    8. Now you must download and install applications like Creative MediaSource Player / Organizer 5.10.38 (39.77 MB) and Creative PlaysForSure Devices Plugin 5.00.36 Creative MediaSource 5 Player / Organizer (27.90 MB)
    9. First install Creative MediaSource 5 Player / Organizer (must either connect the Zen Micro to install)
    10. Without having to install the plugin, Creative MediaSource 5 Player / Organizer does not recognize the Zen Micro.
    11. Install Creative PlaysForSure Devices Plugin 5.00.36
    12. Normally going into Creative MediaSource 5 Player / Organizer, the player should be recognized (at least for me it's ok)

I have the same problem ... Have you found a solution? It's super depressing .. I have tried to do lot of things but nothing succeeded. There is no issue for me to use the Windows XP operating system but since the movie and audio quality in Vista are more better when compared to XP, I think that it would be better if I can install the Zen micro driver for Windows Vista. So anyone more knowing about the solutions, please post it over here, so that many would get help from it.

Hello everybody, I just give you a hand because I too had the problem of driver for my Creative Zen Micro. Since the passage in vista 32 drive was not recognized categories per month and the pc cannot install the software supplied with the mp3 as it is for Windows XP. First time I tried to go their site creative as many of you I guess. When the creative was connected to the pc I put material not detected! I unplugged everything and tried again several times. I reconnected my creative opening the wmp, wmp asked me to seek a new driver for an update on the creative site.

You will then take on the 2nd and 4 proposals're downloading. so you need Zen Micro P4S ........ 2_21_02 update. Launch the application and the creative will therefore take the update and connect to the pc! PS I had the problem also have as an error message on a Creative Zen Micro is switched into recovery mode and you cannot do anything else. You just take on the creative site for the recovery tool to remedy this error, and add the update 2_21_02 for vista. It’s cool for me it works and I hope that this message will also help.

Dr. V Guest

Download driver ZEN Micro driver for Windows Vista :
    1. Follow the link below Download driver ZEN Micro driver. The new window will open.
    2. You should receive an access code to a file.
    3. Use your cell phone to get this code - a key (the list of supported cellular operators).
    4. Choose your country and send SMS message to specified phone number and the return message automatically you receive a key.
    5. Enter your key and press the Continue button. Download driver benefits - driver.
    6. Remember, do not give anybody a key received in returned SMS message, you can download file 1 time, using a key, without restrictions of time.

nealrelics Guest

I was a floppy disk to my Creative Zen Micro MP3 player. When Insert the disk device after the launch of Vista tells me that there is autoinstall incompatibity between my room (which has a built-in and nothing to do with an MP3 player, as it may see), and the driver.