Thread: Missing XP Boot.ini and Combofix msg Boot partition cannot be enumerated Windows XP crashes randomly

Missing XP Boot.ini and Combofix msg Boot partition cannot be enumerated Windows XP crashes randomly

I have a Acer 9303WSMi system and by default I am using Windows Vista Premium on it. Now I want to use preferentially XP for now but I want to keep Windows Vista on the same partition. Now I had did a setup and installed Combofix. I had performed some scans. Suddenly I started by having problems with the system partition for Vista and a other one created in D. It is popping out a error that boot.ini is missing.

Re: Missing XP Boot.ini and Combofix msg Boot partition cannot be enumerated Windows XP crashes randomly

Have you tried to change your boot.ini and add Windows Vista in it. If not then you must try that first booting in safe mode. Right click on My Computer > Properties and then click on Advance. Click on settings button in the Startup and Recovery box. Then in the new window you click on the button Edit and there you can see the boot entries. At the end of this file, you must enter the information in your Windows Vista which should be practically the same line as the last but by entering the partition 1 instead of 2 and to Microsoft Windows Vista instead of XP.

Re: Missing XP Boot.ini and Combofix msg Boot partition cannot be enumerated Windows XP crashes randomly

I have a message offering me the opening vista on one side, and Windows XP which is the default one on the other. When I start the second, I have XP but when I run Vista I just got a black screen with flashing dash. Does my vista is crashed. I prefer to watch it to the extent that I really do not want to spit my XP partition and I have everything to setup here. What can be done in this situation.

If you do not have Windows bootable CD then you cannot recover windows. Regarding for fixing your PC you can try some free Linux distributions for installation. Do not forget the operations of fixing windows prior partitioning and deleting the old installation. You can use ultimate bootCD to get your data. Just perform and clean installation of your Windows and then check back.

You can Attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Boot from that and then select R at the first screen to start repair. And this prevents you from starting Windows normally even in safe mode. Then you try the fixmbr and fixboot command in the Windows Recovery Console, but after each reboot you get the same blue screen that prevents you from getting your precious data.

It is possible that you can do a repair for the boot ini file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. First boot from the Windows disc and then choose R at the first screen to start repair. And this prevents you from starting Windows normally even in safe mode. Then you try the fixmbr and fixboot command in the Windows Recovery Console, but after each reboot you get the same blue screen that prevents you from getting your precious data.

The ultimate solution will be recommended to the user is to perform complete re-installation of the system for fixing this error and for the stability of the system. You must reformat the hard drive. Or you go to your preferred repairer who recommends a data recovery by removing your hard drive and put it in another machine and then reinstall Windows completely.

In some cases it will be possible to repair such errors and you can even get you out of this by mere restoration. Start the Windows Recovery Console from your installation CD, log on, type 8 and restart commands.The butts of these commands is to rebuild the boot.ini, the main drive is BOOTCFG / Rebuild which will undertake to complete a diagnosable your system loaded in console this command will delete / replace / repair the system files that prevent the startup of your computer.