Thread: Windows 7 and Realtek 8185 Wifi

Windows 7 and Realtek 8185 Wifi

I have done a clean installation to the Windows 7 operating system. I want to know if there are any problems between Windows 7 and Realtek 8185 Wifi. Actually, I started loosing the connections after switching to this new operating system. Now, the problems are getting worse. The connections simply drop out. I did not face any such problems while using Windows XP.

All possible replies and suggestions on this topic are very much appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Windows 7 and Realtek 8185 Wifi

Run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system to check out if there are any incompatibility problems between Windows 7 and Realtek 8185 Wifi. Even if any one feature of Realtek is not supported by Windows 7, then it will be listed among the incompatibilities of the system. Just try out the compatibility mode, if this component is shown to be as incompatible.

Dr. V Guest

I guess that there must be some internal problems with the card that is causing the weird issues between Windows 7 and Realtek 8185 Wifi. I suggest you to replace the card with a new one and check out if the problem persists. Also make sure that you are connecting to the perfect access points or not. Another important thing required are that the proper drivers with respect to the Windows 7 operating system must be installed.

If there is an incompatibility problem between Windows 7 and Realtek 8185 Wifi, then the compatibility tool will help you to eradicate the same. When such a tool is installed, the compatibility settings will be done for the Wifi to work properly in the system.

All the programs, applications or any other components facing such incompatibility issues with Windows 7 are provided with such compatibility tools. So, I suppose that they must be available for Realtek 8185 Wifi too.

As there are weird problems with Windows 7, like the one you are facing with the Realtek 8185 Wifi, it is recommended by most of the experts that one must not change to Windows 7. If you are looking for a change in the operating system, then I suggest you to change to Windows Vista, as it is not known to face such problems. You can simply degrade to Windows Vista. There is no need to install another copy of Windows Vista.

I am tired of using the Windows 7 operating system because already I am facing this problematic situation with the Realtek 8185 Wifi. Also, you people are telling that there are some other incompatibility issues with many of the applications and programs. I am switching to Windows Vista now. The only problem in Vista is that it is comparatively slower than Windows 7.