Thread: Windows 7 install problem - Creative Webcam VF0040

Windows 7 install problem - Creative Webcam VF0040

From the time, I have installed the new operating system by changing from Windows XP, I guess that I have been facing a Windows 7 install problem with the Creative Webcam VF0040. Infact, there were no problems while I was running this Webcam in the older operating system. Well, I am not able to start the installation for the software of this Webcam in this particular operating system. I had no such issues in Windows XP. I need the assistance of some experienced people here to solve this problem.

Re: Windows 7 install problem - Creative Webcam VF0040

You may be trying to install the software that is meant for Windows XP in your system and this is why you are getting the Windows 7 install problem with the Creative Webcam VF0040. So, this is leading to an incompatibility issue between the particular software and the operating system. You need to get a software that is compatible with Windows 7 to eradicate this problem that you are facing.

There is no need to worry of the Windows 7 install problem with the Creative Webcam VF0040 is because of an incompatibility problem. Well, right-click on the setup of the software and start the installation in the compatibility mode. For this you will have to troubleshoot the software according to the Windows 7 operating system. I hope that this will fix the situation.

It seems that the Windows 7 operating system is blocking the setup from being started because of which there is an install problem in Creative Webcam VF0040. In this situation, you just have to force the setup to run. You will have to use the Run as Administrator option to get rid of this blockage. The blockage is just a security feature of this operating system.

As mentioned in one of the above posts, you must first try to get the proper drivers of Creative Webcam VF0040 that will work with the Windows 7 operating system.

If you are not able to get the same, then atleast there will be a compatibility tool for this Webcam software available on the internet. Download the same and install it before the software is installed in your system.

I have checked out the official Creative and I am not able to get the proper software for Webcam VF0040, that is required to work for the Windows 7 operating system. There is an incompatibility problem with the current software that I am using. I have confirmed the same, using the hardware and software evaluation tool. I guess I will have to wait until the correct software is released.