Thread: Hibernate Image file too old by XXX Seconds

Hibernate Image file too old by XXX Seconds

I have done a modification in the 'Boot.plist' to make the computer start fast by skipping the first screen. But when i am starting the computer on the next screen after the boot screen i am getting some error regarding the Hibernate image file is too old by (insert random number here) seconds and after that it is displaying some message like forceWake=yes and after that computer turn on with the apple logo. So help me with issue of mine.

Re: Hibernate Image file too old by XXX Seconds

I have got one solution of it and hoping that this will work for you. I have searched regarding your query and find that the problem is with the modification you have done. So to get rid of the same you have to fully boot SL on device of yours and the issue will resolve automatically. You will not get any error with the Hibernate.

I am having a solution for this problem which you are getting with the device of yours. I have come up with the solution of it, Just install the NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC4 which will set the Hibernate to the Zero and next time when you will start your computer you will not get the error message that you are getting before.

As you are started getting the error which comes after you have made the changes in the 'Boot.plist' an you are unable to solve the same then i will advise you to make the changes back which you have done before. As the issue is with the same modification so modification again will solve the problem related to the same.

I am ready to make the changes back but let me tell you that the modification can be done after getting to the list that i have made before. But due to this error i am unable to get into the 'Boot.plist'. So pleas let me know about method so that i can get into the 'Boot.plist' and change back the modification i have done.

For that you have to start the machine in the safe mode which will allow you to get into the Boot.plist file which you have used to made the change in the Boot up and started getting the error with the same. To get into the safe mode you should have to press the "-f -v -x" after the gray apple logo screen and you will get the Safe mode screen.

I am having the same problem and i have searched regarding the same but yet did not got any solution for the same. All the replies are not working for me. So finally i have decided to contact the Apple regarding the issue of mine. So if i will get the solution for the same then definitely i will update in this post. Thanks