Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility

Operating Systems

Old 02-07-2010
Members

Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility

Here I have a little trouble, I do not really know how to connect my sound card from my PC to my tuner show. I had anyhow did that with the help of my friend. But I am finding some issue for running audio out of it. My sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy SE. It is detected by Windows. I want to know some compatibility support with Sound Blaster Audigy SE on Windows 7.

Old 02-07-2010

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy SE Windows 7 compatibility

It works well. You just need a proper installation and the most newest drivers. The activation of encoding Dolby Digital Live had faced many compatibility issues with Windows 7. So for that Creative has finally decided to develop new drivers for sound cards of Sound Blaster Audigy family. You can get those drivers from the officail site for Creative. Download then and just run it.
Old 02-07-2010

You can try out the new drivers. The version which I know is 2.18.0017. This should finally work properly with Windows 7 and that also supports the 64 bit editions. Indeed it is also true that this is buggy on Windows 7 but a Windows update is enough strong to fix it. You does need to worry about the compatibility if you are using the most recent version of Creative drivers
Old 02-07-2010

I have a example for the same. There is a incompatibility of the S / PDIF pass-through on Windows Media Player 12. The synchronization settings for speakers between the Creative audio control panel and the Windows 7 has some problem. The inability to turn off the computer after the activation of the DDL is one part. The other part is system instability when uninstalling the drivers.
Old 02-07-2010

Yes it is right that there are some bugs in the same but now these drivers finally allow to S / PDIF pass-through Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 7. The internal decoding of Dolby Digital and DTS drivers is however still not supported with Windows Media player 12. It is therefore necessary to use another media player software like PowerDVD to exploit the multi-channel flows of a DVD with a simple 5.1 speaker kit for PC.
Old 03-07-2010

I have some information on the driver support. It supports a wide range of card and you does not need to search for only some specific audio drivers. According to a latest information which I found on some post, the output of drivers Sound Blaster X-Fi in final form for Windows 7 should normally work without any compatibility issue. If you face any then try to run it on compatibility mode.
Old 04-07-2010

You can do one thing here. First uninstall all the drivers and other software related to this card under safe mode. Use CCleaner to wipe out all left files. Then follow the below link and download the most recent driver updates. Connect your card properly. Windows will show you a plug and play device message. Keep your automatic update on.
Sound Blaster Audigy SE Driver

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,