Thread: XP Drivers for Soundblaster 5.1 VX

XP Drivers for Soundblaster 5.1 VX

I need help for finding the XP Drivers for Soundblaster 5.1 VX, actually I was having the drives for this but unfortunately I have lost the driver CD for this Soundblaster 5.1 VX pci card and now I want to reinstall the drivers. I am not able to find the drives for this Soundblaster 5.1 VX pci card is there anyone who is having the drives for this or can provide me any tips for this. Any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: XP Drivers for Soundblaster 5.1 VX

You can find the window XP drivers for your Soundblaster 5.1 VX on its official site, you just need to go there for downloading the drivers. But I am having a different problem may be you have any solution for this. I recently bought a kit Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX 5.1 sound, therefore, fairly good quality. On my PC running Vista 64bit, with a sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Audio, which is the latest driver installed, I set my speakers, connection via 6 channels direct.

Same problem as in seven 64-bit, testing its market for 5 devices but when I run audio applications, I've only 2.1. I was looking for the solution and I solved my problem: it was enough to activate the optical output in PowerDVD or in AC3Filters for divx! I hope this will solve your problem. If you have any further doubt then you are free to ask.

Dr. V Guest

I have the same problem with a card x-fi surround 5.1 under windows 7. Before under vista, there was no problem. By cons, film hd 5.1 running very well. I think the problem comes from the creative software, connecting the card, Windows 7 immediately installs the drivers and there is no need to install the software. I read on the net that it was the sound card that is responsible for distributing sound stereo speakers on the other, so I think the problem is that the software is not working, but what I can do to fix it?

"With the software Creative XFi, Va. in panel 3D and CMS-active 3D surround mix mode then you cloches Surround Stereo" Same for my X-fi. Hours after two small differences, the solution was under my nose. Basically, if you want surround sound from Creative, then I have to do it manually because it is not automatic in this case.

Same problem with a card x-fi Surround 5.1 (USB external sound card for laptop), I plug the optical output on my amp, and it only detects stereo sound. I tested with PowerDVD on a dvd or a divx 5.1. No results, I also tried to tweak the options to no avail. Can I get 5.1 sounds on my amp to emulate surround sound from a source 2.1. If anyone has the solution for this then I am interested in that.

I have the same problem apparently. The 6 speakers work fine when I do the test separately whether the test z-5500 or with the sound card driver (Xifias With so Auzentech driver Creative). But when I run a movie in 5.1 example with MediaPlayerClassic and AC3 Filter I have no rear surround. The surround sound out the front speakers (test is that the insulation surrounded). By cons when going off the end, there is no problem. But I would like to use the resources of my sound card and then plug in 6ch direct. So if someone has an idea where the problem might come?