Thread: Which folder contains XFI drivers? SBXF? XFHX?

Which folder contains XFI drivers? SBXF? XFHX?

Does anyone knows that which folder in the system contains the sound blaster xfi drivers. I am talking about the Non-OEM version of operating system. I had just upgraded my drivers this time with a third party driver software updater. But my sound is not working fine and I am facing certain errors recording the sound quality. I need to find the driver folder and delete the same out. I am using a XFI Xtreme Music Music card.

Re: Which folder contains XFI drivers? SBXF? XFHX?

I think you can search or the same in the XFTI_W7DRVBETA_US_2_17_0007 driver folder. There is a another driver folder inside that which will show you up the wdm folder. In that you have the XFI drivers. You can delete them manually and arrange for a fresh download for the same. You can go on the official site or downloading the drivers and use the same on your system.

I had used the manual system for extracting my drivers. For that arrange for zip file. Then unzip the driver folder on your desktop and then check. This works the best in my system. I am using a X-fi Titanium. I browse the folder of the drive and run the setup. The other best way is to open Device Manager and then right click on the sound card and then choose update drivers. Run the setup and then check back.

The driver folder is usually located in the windows directory. It is hard to locate the file and there are also various other files available. I have just purchased a Asus Rampage Extreme. In the bundle of motherboard I have a module's Creative X-Fi MB. I already have a X-FI Extreme Music but I cannot connect the jacks of the housing top, and rear output are less rich. I had updated drivers but still this issue is there.

Just check the driver cd's which you go with the motherboard. If you can see code marked with X-FI S / N on the cd cover then you must connect to the internet to register your product. I had did the same and updated the newest version. My speakers are working fine. It is just a driver issue. It is recommended that you only get drivers from the official sources. Third party drivers are not stable.

I have a Rampage II Gene, and I have the same problem as you. However, after several research cannot find drivers for the audio chipset. The Asus site offers old driver module which I had already installed. I found a solution for this. You need to download the SoundMAX driver and the new version of Creative's site ASUS soundmax driver. Install the same and then restart your pc. At the end install the Creative software and restart again.

Driver package which I found on some site already contains the software which is provided on the CD/ Whatever happens the two methods is good, install the latest version direct drivers or software without the CD. This allows a cleaner installation and avoid some installation problem with Creative which is expected. Or else install the Vista driver CD that came with system and run Creative Live Update.