Thread: G1 trim support

G1 trim support

I would like to know why Intel is not providing the TRIM for the intel Generation 1 drives. Since the trim feature is not available then it is often problematic and i can't utilize the drive fully. Also try to explain the trim features so that i can use this feature with my G2 SSD which i will be purchasing shortly. Anyways, Thanks in Advance.

Re: G1 trim support

The TRIM is a technique to physically delete the data when you delete files or folders on his computer. Usually, the data "removed" are only "marked" as being deleted but not actually erased the hard disk. Therefore there is software to recover deleted data. So i think that it will not have a much impact on the G1 Drive which you may be using.

To trim that runs under Windows Seven it must be in ATA8. Do not hesitate to flash SSD's he spends in ATA7 ATA8. Example of 60 gigabytes transcend TS60GSSD25D need flash-M (note the reference DSS ending D25S-M is it a big problem). Buy 225 $ which is already a true racing machine. Windows 7 and above games in 30 gigabytes of free, behind a 500 GB for all other large file and other stuff ....

With the TRIM function, a SSD erases data and retains the locations in the disk where data have been deleted to gain speed. The physical deletion of data is slower, but unlike a conventional hard disk, the SSD need to erase the disk physically located before they can rewrite it. Thus, thanks to TRIM, rewriting is faster and its speed remains stable over time.

Dr. V Guest

More and more SSD manage the TRIM and they will handle all in the near future. Next operating system, only Windows Seven is the standard ATA8 and manages natively TRIM. There is then no need to run a scan disk manually to take advantage of TRIM, everything is done automatically in Windows 7.

Computers which are equipped with Solid State Drive (SSD) hard drives light up much faster. The applications and games also engage more quickly. The traditional magnetic hard drives are now the weak point of computers. SSD drives are faster, stronger, quieter and more energy efficient than the old hard drives.

During installation everything goes on hold now as in earlier versions of Windows, but here's a catch. At the time format and select the installation disk, it is possible to create a partition 100MB to store the boot files. The problem is that partition is automatically configured on a disk and not on the installation disk. As a result if we are not careful can end up with the boot partition on an SD storage. In short, after my DSS connected only I could make my second drive without problem.