Thread: Alienware M11x and Mac OSX

Alienware M11x and Mac OSX

I am having a question which is regarding the Second Life on the Alienware M11x. Actually i wanted to know that is is possible to run the Second life on then Alienware M11X running with the Apple's Mac OS X. As i am having the less knowledge about the same so asking the same to you. Hope you will help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Alienware M11x and Mac OSX

I don't think so as the Graphic Card which is installed in the device which you are using in the Alienware is not having the support for the Second life and this requires good Graphic Support. It might be possible for the Mac OS X which might resolve the issue in the next release of the same. This is what i can advise you.

It is not yet decided that when the Mac OS is going to upgrade with the new OS which will resolve the problem related to the same that you are looking for. So it is better to upgrade the Graphic Card which will show the compatibility with the Second Life that you are looking to run on the device of yours. Thanks.

First of all thanks for your reply that you have given me regarding the issue of mine. I have gone through the same and i think that upgradation of the Graphic Card is the best solution that can work with the issue of mine. But as i am not having enough knowledge about the Graphic Card so if you let me know which graphic card to install then i can easily choose the same.

I am having the Alienware and for playing most of the game on it with the good Graphic Quality i have upgrade the same with the Nvidia GT335M Graphic Card which is working all well with the high graphic game. So if you want to upgrade then i will advise you to go with the Nvidia GT335M which is having support for for gaming experience.

For the upgradation of the game you should first check out the manual of then game which you wanted to play on the Alienware M11X. The manual is having the detail about the Graphic Support for the game which will help you for the same. So if you like this then check out the system requirement of the game on the internet.

I have searched regarding the Second life System Requirement and come up with the some of the suggestion given on the Official site of the Second Life which is having the discussion about the same.
    • NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
    • ATI Radeon 8500, 9250 or better
    • Intel 945 chipset

More you can check about the same here.