Thread: Booting to single-user mode

Booting to single-user mode

Hello There, I am having one issue which i need to solve with the help of you i hope that you will provide me the detail about my query. Actually i wanted to run the Memtest in my system but i have heard that the Memtest works with the Single user mode and i am not aware how to boot up in Single User mode. So if you knows about the system booting up in single user mode then let me know it.

Re: Booting to single-user mode

I think that you have given us only the half detail which is little difficult to provide you the solution for the same. You should provide the detail about the operating system that your are using so that i can find the solution for the problem of yours. I can give you the proper solution for your problem.

Yes actually i forgot to mention the detail about the system which i am using for my personal use. I am using the Mac OS X in my desktop computer in which i wanted to use the Memtest but just because of the single user mode i am unable to do so. If any one is having the solution for same then help me with the same.

For that you have t0 check out the below given step that will help you for the same which you are looking for.
    1. Shut down the computer if it is on.
    2. Press the power button to start the computer.
    3. Immediately press and hold the Command (Apple) key and one of the following:

• the "s" key for single-user mode. (Command-S)
    • the "v" key for verbose mode. (Command-V)

As per my knowledge you have to follow the below given command which will be helpful for you. Just go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not. Also let me know if any other error will appear on the same.
    • v Verbose
    • f Force text load
    • s Single user mode
    • x Safe mode

I have tried the same and let me tell you that the commands are working for me and now i have successfully installed the Memtest and let me tell you that is working for me. The memtest really work fine with the memory status which is giving the exact detail about the memory status of mine. Anyways thanks for the help you have given.

Yeah you are right about the Memtest. This is a nice tools which detect the problem related to the RAM of your computer. And if possible then it corrects the problem also. I have also used the same and liked it most. Here are the special guide for the working of the Memtest which you can use to understand more about it.
    Memtest: Test your memory