Thread: Drivers for webcam VF0050 for Windows 7

Drivers for webcam VF0050 for Windows 7

I have a web cam CREATIVE Live. The type of this web cam VF0050 purchased three years back. This webcam will not work on Windows 7. Customer support for Creative told me that my webcam is too old and it will not make drivers for windows 7. Windows advisor told me that the driver of my web cam will not work on windows 7. Information on upgrading to Windows 7, Creative WebCam Live! The driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7. My question is that anybody is having drivers for webcam VF0050 for windows 7.

Re: Drivers for webcam VF0050 for Windows 7

You have not mentioned that you are using windows 7 64 bit edition or the windows 7 32 bit edition. I think. You are facing this problem because of the 64 bit edition. One thing is clear that it will be very difficult for you to find the drivers for this webcam, if you are using window 7. Try to use window 7 32 bit edition may be this webcam can work on your system.

I am also facing the same problem, unable to find the drivers. I have emailed to Creative customer support, and the reply is not good for me. They said that “Dear customer, Creative, Thank you for contacting Creative Labs. Unfortunately, the development of Windows 7 compatible drivers for your product is not expected due to the age of your equipment.” Is there any possible solution for this problem?

Well I am not confident that it will solve your problem but you can try this may be this can help you. Try to use driver detective. This will detect all the drivers that your system requires. Not only that; it will automatically install all the drivers that are missing in your system. You can download this software from its official site. If you have any other problem then feel free to ask.

I do not endorse your answer, because the creative site that says "Windows 7 is not currently supported", but having said that it is not the responsibility of Microsoft. I am also having the similar problem since I am having the Epson 1640 for more than eight years and the drives for this is not available if I want to use windows 7

I have heard most of the user saying that this proves to me a shame, and they are not having any positive reaction related to this. Me too sorry, for the problem you are facing have your tried to use the drivers that you are using in Window Vista or window 7. Do not try to install the drivers from wizard but try to search it and then install it from the CD you are having. May be this can solve your problem.

The only thing you can do is that, use your previous operating system and search for drivers for window 7. If you are lucky then you will be able to find the drives for your system. Or you can buy the new webcam for system for which windows 7 drivers are available. These are the only two possible solutions for your system. If anyone of you can get the solution then please let me know.