Thread: Intel SSD Optimizer failed - XM25-M 80Gb in windows XP

Intel SSD Optimizer failed - XM25-M 80Gb in windows XP

I screw locations on a SSD is well as a hard " normal " ? On my XM25-M 80Gb , I would like perhaps replaced the original drive . I have added a second drive, but the ssd optimizer is failed to recognized. I made an image of my record I regenerated on another disk so to reduce its size without risk, then I rebuilt an image for regenerated on my SSD. Please help.

Re: Intel SSD Optimizer failed - XM25-M 80Gb in windows XP

Despite the good level of performance that we have discovered , we can not decently ignore the major problem we encountered with the DSS Intel : Namely, some form of performance degradation over its use. The results of the previous pages are those obtained during the first use of the DSS , as if to say, nine out of the factory. It is therefore his performance when he is at his best . After these tests repeated several times, we then wanted to conduct tests in Iometer, software for measuring the number of inputs / outputs in different scenarios.

The Intel SSD suit the load current and seeks to optimize data location tables to obtain the best performance for any Workload . If the goal is to try to provide the best possible performance for the user continuously, the counterpart is that it creates inconsistent results in the benchmarks because of the attempt of optimization. This takes time , it should logically pass some time between each benchmark, we have more or less tried to do in focusing on the practical test of copying files and PCMark Vantage, with the end a theory test flow measurement to see if the writing is back to normal, this was not the case.

Intel SSD Optimizer software, developed by Intel , allows for example to simulate the performance of the disk in a scenario database, file server , etc. . The results were rather good during the first run but as and when we were testing the different scenarios , the performance dropped dramatically. We then deleted the file created by Iometer to carry out its tests , deleted the partition and restart the PC. We have relaunched our tests so we are seeing less impressive performance in writing , tests in reading still the same barrel . The sequential write speed has nothing to do with what is expected of a DSS that is a constant flow.

If these cases are exceptional, they illustrate how " amazing "that Intel operates the writing on the SSD and nothing says that one day a user "desktop" will not create scenario generating such losses . Intel said in a firm that does not happen and this certainty seems somewhat arrogant, or at least showing a sense of complacency. Ideally , it should test the SSD several weeks or months in a configuration used daily and measure changes in performance.

The SSD X25 -M " Postville " Intel -equipped cell flash memory in 34 nanometers , now enjoy an updated firmware that opens the gates of the TRIM control , now handled natively by Windows 7 . Recall that the latter allows the operating system to alert the controller when SSD Flash memory cells are no longer used, so that he rewrite on it without a hitch. Particularly expected , the TRIM control will prevent the performance of a DSS does degrade over time .