Thread: Utorrent 1.8.5 stopped working on wine

Utorrent 1.8.5 stopped working on wine

It was working for some days after I performed the installation of Ubuntu 10.04. But currently it doesn't. It hangs after I make a reboot of this again . I received a blank white notification area icon where utorrent icon always placed . The system monitor displays pipe_wait for utorrent and I received these error messages If I skip it for a while.. Please take a look at the following attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Utorrent 1.8.5 stopped working on wine

Would you tell me something.. why are you using utorrent in wine ? You need to be aware about something such as there are other bittorrent clients that work better in Ubuntu? Such as Deluge, Ktorrent, Transmission.. I think, I just wonder why you would not work with one of those that works properly on Ubuntu specifically ,rather than with different application required unless you were not known about them? I didn't installed the wine so I am unable to help you here but you should actually try a client thats made for Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris- View Post
    Would you tell me something.. why are you using utorrent in wine ? You need to be aware about something such as there are other bittorrent clients that work better in Ubuntu? Such as Deluge, Ktorrent, Transmission.. I think, I just wonder why you would not work with one of those that works properly on Ubuntu specifically ,rather than with different application required unless you were not known about them? I didn't installed the wine so I am unable to help you here but you should actually try a client thats made for Ubuntu.
    I worked with all of them (except KTorrent can be) a while before. I think, you skipped some functionality and convenience otherwise I would be working with them. Also with utorrent I am able to just continue using where I skipped this within the windows environment.

I worked with all of them (except KTorrent can be) a while before. I think, you skipped some functionality and convenience otherwise I would be working with them. Also with utorrent I am able to just continue using where I skipped this within the windows environment.
    I am getting now and that makes sense. Ktorrent is also actually close to utorrent and deluge. Fine , then I think, we have to wait for someone who are aware about what they are considering about.

Good luck

I don't have any idea about this actually, if the previous version might be insecure or very earlier , but I easily needed to see how µTorrent is going anyway. When you establish the comparison between the Ktorrent then you would find that µTorrent facilitates a fine Season and Episode catcher in the RSS feed catcher.

But the causes why I really needed to try out µTorrent, was that users at the Pirate Bay reported that the new personalized RSS feed service performs very well with µTorrent, but not with the Ktorrent.