Thread: Torrent 0.9..1 making my Macbook slow

Torrent 0.9..1 making my Macbook slow

I am using utorrent on my Mac OS X. I have a macbook which runs on 2.2Ghz of processor. My system configuration is quiet good. But whenever I run the torrent it goes slow. I found some application coming up very slowly. Does this problem is only related to torrent. I think I might need to switch to some other torrent client for the same. I need some steps to optimize my Mac system.

Re: Torrent 0.9..1 making my Macbook slow

It can be due to the torrent application you are using. It is best that you must try some torrent software. There are plenty of the same available. I am using KTorrent which is a BitTorrent network. It is really nice and easy to use. But I am not sure weather this is available for Mac. You can do one thing search for Ktorrent on google and then install this. Run it and then check back again.

It is possible that due to some application your system is working slow. If you a slower machine then there are chances of applications crashing which later on generates more bugs in the system. So it is recommended that you must perform minimum of maintenance and repair. Tools like ToolsX or Onyx are are there to simplify your work. Just run then and follow the screen instructions.

It is right that some time torrent download makes the system slow and so on your bandwidth also. I had changed the client which I was using as it was not properly working with the system. I will to recommend you to use ToolsX for optimization of your MacOS X system. Clean up your not needed files and scan your system with this tool. Switch to a better torrent software.

Do you have a proper internet connection. Check that your system has a regular internet connection because fluctuation in that makes your system slow. A little of cleaning your Mac can be a quick and easy. I will recommend you to uninstall unused applications and clean up the control panel or make a clean sweep for temporary files. This can save you precious few MB on your disk and bit improve the performance.

There is a another way to obtain optimal performance from your system. For that you may need to monitor the status of various system components. That can be disk activity or network activity which is putting the load of your CPU cores. Also check that your system temperature is lower down. For that it is necessary to see the fan speed and even regulated. Remove those application which makes the system slow.

I will aslo advice you to use Ktorrent. Change your bittorent client for better performance of your system. KTorrent offers all the standard functionalities of a software of its kind. Thus it is loaded automatically when you click on a link to a bittorrent file. KTorrent is a classic bittorrent client, far from offering as many features as Azureus. But a classic tool and using less of your system resource.