Thread: BSOD after installation of Modem Driver

BSOD after installation of Modem Driver

I am facing Blue Screen Issue on my Thinkpad laptop. I am not able to get the exact reason for the same. I had just added a new modem driver for the same. I had faced some blue screen before also but that got fixed by a restart. But suddenly I faced a Blue screen and the system crashed down. After adding the modem driver I am having this more frequently. What can be done here.

Re: BSOD after installation of Modem Driver

You can first read out the message on the blue screen which will tell you the exact cause of error. This is basically due to bad driver. The blue screen is usually caused by an incompatible BIOS or a faulty device. In any case, due to problems with the hardware. Until the previous boot Windows boots up regularly because of the STOP message may depend on several factors, installing a new device or new software especially to check driver updates or programs that enable services.

These errors are more difficult to diagnose because the cause may depend on many factors, the most common malfunctions of devices, services and / or drivers. The correct interpretation of the STOP messages usually proves essential to the solution of the problem. Messages STOP may vary depending on the cause that generated it, but the standardized message which you can read to fix that.

This problem can occur if one or more of the following conditions. If this problem occurs during or after the first reboot to complete installation of Windows, it is possible that the computer's BIOS is not compatible with Windows. There can be a video card driver incompatible or a damaged RAM. There can some Device Driver service corrupted which you need to remove. Remove the drivers first.

Make sure you have enough space on your hard disk. If the Windows installation problems related to insufficient disk space available, you must free up space on your hard disk. Delete temporary files, Internet cache files, program backup files and files containing fragments of CHK files saved during the analysis of the disk no longer needed. You can also install using another hard drive with more space available.

First thing you have to see that you have the latest BIOS version on your system. You can look that on the officail site or contact the manufacturer for the same. There is information provided on the official site. The other thing you need to do is to disable the caching or shadowing option related to Memory from BIOS. Update your BIOS version.

I will recommend you to go on Microsoft site and look for latest hardware compatibility list for Windows XP. This will give you information on those hardware which works with Windows XP. If the error occurs during the boot sequence and the system partition using the NTFS file system, you can use Safe Mode to rename or delete the driver responsible for the error.