Thread: Windows 7 Not Genuine Error on Lenovo Thinkpad

Windows 7 Not Genuine Error on Lenovo Thinkpad

Hi, recently i bought a second hand Lenovo Thinkpad from one of my friend with Windows 7 Operating system. It was working fine and as we all know Lenovo comes with Genuine Windows, i started getting "Windows 7 Not Genuine" error message after i performed Windows update.

This is really very annoying. Do you guys have any suggestion regarding this? Please help me out to fix it. Thanks !

Re: Windows 7 Not Genuine Error on Lenovo Thinkpad

Every Windows OS sold by Lenovo along with a PC are genuine. Customer require reconfirming the operating system genuineness, you can do this by entering the serial key and going behind added information. The product key is written on the Certificate of Authenticity label. This label is on each Lenovo laptops that approach by means of Microsoft Windows operating system pre-installed.

Thats true mate, i agree with you. I have 3 Lenovo PC's and all are with genuine Microsoft Windows although we need to reconfirm entering the product key. Anyways, here is how we can confirm the same:
    • Open Windows Activation windows on your Windows 7 system and select the second option, that is 'Type a different product key'.
    • You can do this alternatively by going to Control Panel than click on All Control Panel Items than click System and click on Change Product Key at the underside left corner.
    • Now simply trail the instructions and type in serial key. You can also click on "Where do I find my Windows product key?" in case you face any difficulty or need any help regarding the same.basically the key will be printed on the sticker behind your laptop.

I think should Contact Lenevo, it looks like the system you have might be shipped incorrectly along with no bios SLIC 2.1 marker. This is exceptionally odd as your bios is dated for 2010 and it couldn’t even replicate any SLIC marker. Except it was projected to ship with a substitute OS (linux) it must have a marker of some kind. You can get in touch with Lenovo support and inquire them for a resolution; they may have an updated bios along with the SLIC but make sure they have an official service technician do the flash so you don't damage your laptop.