Thread: utorrent and windows 7 compatibility issue

utorrent and windows 7 compatibility issue

Hello,
    I just purchased a laptop with windows 7 installed. I downloaded utorrent, I run the installation, accept the contract and at the end when I click install the User Account Control asks if I agree that this software brings changes and here I am yes but nothing happens, ultimately utorrent is still not installed. I tried to remove the UAC for failing a message like this every changes I made so the message does not appear but nothing happens anyway. I need a helping hand if someone has already had this issue. Thank you.

Re: utorrent and windows 7 compatibility issue

I do not know if Windows 7 accepts programs like Utorrent, but as it is connected peer-to-peer (which is considered potentially dangerous), he might break in the first instance, disable the firewall while installing and then re-enable the firewall. After installation, if I were you I would spend Malwarebyte's to ensure there's no malware in the installation because Utorrent opens a port of its own. For the thumbs down, I said yes, all P2P is dangerous by the fact that you can download files in private and these files can be syphilitic. Antivirus is effective if it is actually updated every day and accidentally, he may let a virus not yet known to not recognize that a few days later when the damage is done.

The peers are not dangerous. I do not know where he comes from that one. For your problem, maybe you have an older version of utorrent. Tries to re-download the latest version of the official website (version 1.8.5 is compatible with windows 7), and re-installs. It may also be due to your antivirus, which leaves no other software to modify your file system or registry.

Now I would like to know if anyone else faced the problem: once the torrents are completed, if it launches an investigation, they again lost files, they are 99.8%, for example. We re-download the small 0.2% missing and it rechecks replotted, they are still not over. Import data to another torrent client, Azureus, verification of data provides the same result 99.8% downloading it, recheck it and there really still a miracle to 100%. Retrieving this torrent on utorrent: it rechecks and there it stays at 100%.

No, not in the lot, there were all sorts of streams of multi-and mono files. For now the problem is solved using utorrent in compatibility mode Windows XP SP3. And I repeat, missing file, complete with another torrent client, utorrent and back on again missing files. So the problem was much the torrent client.

I have the same problem as you, so I did what you wrote and it still does not work ... we are disgusted .. you invest in a super pc ... and what concerns us most frequently this ... if someone can help me it would be very nice.