Thread: Windows 7 + CACLS = Can't access drive

Windows 7 + CACLS = Can't access drive

I am having a dual boot system with Windows XP as one of the operating system and Windows 7 as the other. Everything was working fine when I saw a suggestion on the internet to move the files to the new driver. I used the method as cacls [drive] /g Administrator:f. The issue that I am facing now is that I cannot open the particular driver. So, basically the situation is Windows 7 + CACLS = Can't access drive. Kindly help me to avoid this problem.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows 7 + CACLS = Can't access drive

It seems that your rights have been made as limited because of which there is a situation of Windows 7 + CACLS = Can't access drive. So, it is required that you will have to apply the correct permissions to get the drive access.

For this purpose, you will have to get to the root of drive and there you will get the options to set the permissions. I hope that your problems will be solved after that.

It is better that you do not play with the settings of the system any more. This is because you have already caused enough problems in your system. So, I recommend you to call your computer engineer. By this method, he will also be able to look into the matter and thus, find the actual cause of the problem. Hence, he will be able to grant perfect solutions also.

I cannot understand why you go according to all the suggestions that are provided on the web. Sometimes, such wrong suggestions can cause to the destruction of the entire system. So, I suggest you to avoid such recommendations in the future. To avoid the Windows 7 + CACLS = Can't access drive problem, you will have to get the admin rights anyhow or call for a professional help.

Even if you are facing the particular problem, I want to know that can you load the Windows XP operating system from the dual boot menu? If yes, you can solve the problem. If not, then it is possible that the entire operating system has been corrupted. Anyways, try loading into Windows XP a couple of times. If you cannot start Windows XP, then hard luck.

I am not able to load into the Windows XP operating system from the dual boot menu. This means that the operating system has been corrupted as mentioned by Lillebror. So, I guess that there is no use keeping the same. I am removing the same tomorrow. If anything else can be done, then please reply with the possible solution. Thanks for all the help till now.