Thread: How to restart printer spooler on Windows 7

How to restart printer spooler on Windows 7

I was having some issue in installing the printer in my system. It is a HP printer which is attached to the server and the printer is shared by the people in office. I had first faced some issue on installing the error and I was not getting the same on my system. But after installing the same properly my printer spooler service is not at all working. I think this has got disabled by something. How to fix this.

Re: How to restart printer spooler on Windows 7

It is possible to enable and disable that. The print spooler service allows you to load into memory the print jobs for later printing, that is to say, to put it in the print queue. It may also be due to the failure to install the drivers and tools for a printer which in return pops out the error message which states treatment cannot continue because the service queue of printing has been stopped. Reboot the system to start the service queue printing and try again. Restart your system in this case.

You can check in msconfig that weather the service is disabled or not. It run automatically on startup. To start that click on Start > Run and type msconfig there. Hit enter and the box click on the service tab. Under that you can browse down and look for Printer Spooler. Tick on that and give OK. You will prompt for system reboot. Restart your system and check back again.

Here is the way by which you can start or stop the print spooler service. For that right click on the desktop and select Manage. In the console that opens pull down the Services menu and applications and click on Services. Then double-click Print Spooler key. In the General go on Startup Type and set the value to Automatic, Manual or Disabled. To enable or disable the print spooler service immediately, click the Stop or Start.

I tried your suggestion here. I am having a Epson printer which is connected to my computer directly. I had did some printing on the system. In my case there is blank page print coming out of the system. Yesterday I printed several pages with no problem and after that spooler was acting up properly. Today while dong that I found a error message which says that Spooler APP has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I read lots of issue regarding printer spooler for those whose printer is installed with a PCL driver. I am using a similar printer on my Windows 7 computer. I had found that when a printer was installed with a PS driver and the position is consistently crashing. The solution I had found is to first uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall it with a PCL driver. This is mainly due to printer driver issue.

I am using Windows Vista. I print pdf files which causes a regular error 0x000006ba. To correct the problem I found a solution on a site which says to ener first C: \ Windows \ system32 \ spool \ printers and delete the files. This is the place where all the documents are placed for current prints. Then from control panel restart the printer spooler service and check back.