Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Floppy Disk in Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 16-06-2010

Floppy Disk in Windows 7

I have been using a desktop installed with windows 7. I was trying to format a floppy disk but it took relatively a much more time than the expected so that I can reach 100% and when it did, it came up with 'Unable to complete Format'. To set up with, I thought the drive itself was damaged hence subsequently I exchanged it with a known operational one, it did the similar thing. I was able to format the disk with Windows XP no problem.

Old 16-06-2010

Re: Floppy Disk in Windows 7

To format a partition that does not contain Windows and does not contain Windows XP or Windows 2000
  1. From the desktop (as a computer administrator account if you're running Windows XP Pro) in Start> Programs, select Administrative Tools, and especially Computer Management.
  2. On the left side of the window that opened, select Storage> Disk Management. At the bottom or top, select the partition to format and right click it and then Format ...
  3. Choose a volume name, a type of partition.
  4. If you did not have confidential data on the disk, choose the Quick Format option.
Old 16-06-2010

To create an Emergency Repair Disk in Windows 7, click Start - > Programs - > Accessories - > System Tools - > Backup. On the General tab, click Create an Emergency Repair Disk. When you are prompted, insert a blank, formatted 1.44MB diskette in the drive, then click OK. Once the process is complete, remove the floppy, write "Emergency Repair Disk" on the label and keep in a safe place.
Old 16-06-2010

I would like to ask you whether you can format the hard disk partition containing an operating system or not using a boot disk .
  • To do this, insert the boot disk in the floppy drive and restart the computer.
  • At this point, it will load the tools contained on the Dos boot disk and give a hand: you simply type the following command: format C: (or D or E depending on the partition to format).
Old 16-06-2010

A system disk, sometimes called boot disk is a floppy disk that can boot the computer when the operating system stops responding, in the case of a virus for example. This disk contains special information that actually allow to boot without using the hard disk . There is no one type of boot disk: each operating system's boot disk.

Follow the steps which are mentioned below to get rid of this situation
  • Insert a blank floppy in the drive deprotected to:
  • Then just type the command: Format a: / s
  • The argument / s means "copy system files"

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,