Thread: Mac OS X delete partition

Mac OS X delete partition

Hello,
    I have 3 partitions on the Macbook to my friend who wants to delete one. Not knowing the way to do it, I go to disk utility, I selected the partition to delete, I click on Remove but I made note that I did was format it. Now he wants to outright delete all retained in the GB partition can be added to two other partitions, otherwise it would be "wasted" the place. I have noticed the option Remove the disc, but it does not he just do disappear but leaving the side. So, what do I do now? Please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Mac OS X delete partition

This would reduce the FAT 32 partition to allow more. Go to the HFS + partition on which is my data without erasing it? This will definitely help you. Incidentally, on the same principle, is it possible to completely remove this partition FAT 32 instead of reducing it to a byte without erasing the contents of the other partition?

I understand that the partition I want to reduce in GB will be deleted. The "Go earned" will be distributed on other partitions or even drive that is also a resizing as I increase his or their capacity. I therefore concluded that all partitions on the same disk will be erased. My question (or my problem as you want) does not affect the disk utility but the utility IPARTITE (which seems quite the way). I want to know if it can delete a partition without erasing give (from 3 to 2 partitions for example with re-allocation of GB partition delete).
    I make a difference between resizing and deleting.

I think that is another thing IPARTITE, precisely because they say it was their goal. (Do not reformat AND keep the data) I just said the link as feasible agenda (Me personally I will not do without security, backups of partitions) which amounts to, if you can backup, reformat and do not use IPARTITE. This is my suggestion and so I am not sure that it will work with all the users of the operating system.

I split the internal dd my MacBook, one is 37 and the other go, well the rest of the capacity of SD. I'd like to delete the second partition and return to a normal HDD, one partition. But I can not change anything to my 37gb partition on which I have Snow Leopard. I would like to return to the original hard drive because I have more than my 2.8gb partition on another partition and I can not install software. Any help regarding this topic.

Both go through the redevelopment options partitions (mentioned in this thread and other sites or son, slider etc. UD) is possible on a external HD data, as I am much more careful with the internal HDD with the OS over. It's a pity that the result is a flawed OS

Let me explain, I had a 1.5 TB external HD on which I needed to create four partitions, for three clones at a time when I scuttled amid unstable systems, (my fault, c For sure) and one for data. Now I no longer need a clone and the rest for data. What I was blocking was the first partition was clear, but after more possible to change the size of others. Instead I have to erase my data copied over, I could enlarge it and I just kept a score late in the disc to make a new clone and all that it works.