Thread: Windows 7 does not save network login credentials (username and password)

Windows 7 does not save network login credentials (username and password)

This dilemma has been driving my nuts, so I hope you fine people can help me out with it. I am using a network storage device through several network folders and each of them are password protected for security reasons so that someone cannot manage to connect to my wifi. More often I am asked to enter the password and the username each and every time when I try to access the network Windows 7 does not save network login credentials (username and password). It also happens even if I tick the box so that these details are remembered.

Re: Windows 7 does not save network login credentials (username and password)

Since the positions in XP no problem: the passwords are stored and network drives are accessible from the log. By cons from the position in 2000, it is necessary to systematically enter the password to access the shared drive. So it would be advisable to enter the username and the password each and every time when you try to access the network from your system. I think that it is better not to remember the credentials.

I tried different ways simply by starting the menu Tools / Network Drive by ticking the box "Reconnect at logon", click on "Connect using a different user name" and by entering the username and password defined in the NAS. the password I always re-requested the opening of the session. And also NET USE Z: \ \ NAS-DISK \ Item1 password / USER: Item1 / PERSISTENT: yes same result.

Try to get in the registry HKCU / Network if there something to change to force the storage of passwordssearch for the same, Now Try a little distraught, especially since the backup scheduled task can not function well and that users always have to moan enter one or more (some with other network drives that point to other machines) password password at startup.

If you're used to clean up files, such as emptying the internet cache, cookies, well there's no doubt that on some site like this example, you must retype the username and password is valid for the identification pages of your ISP (at least it does on my club-internet!) then you must tell us if it happens on all sites or just some. because in this case is a story of authorization session cookies in Tools / Internet Options, Privacy tab, put the cursor over moderately high and valid.

Here i would suggest you to set the credential manually and for that you will have to go to the start menu and open the control panel. then select the User Accounts and Family Safety then go to Manage Windows Credentials Here you will be allowed to see all the credentials which you have saved in the windows credentials menu if you want you can also check their credential levels.

Well I did as you indicated to me and it worked. However, I have a question about this option: If I use my external hard drive just to make regular backups, do I need anyway, at some point, the restore function on disk in this situation. Thank you for info and very good evening.

This is another method to secure the password. This statement does not mean that the password is not saved!

Remedy: Do not click unless the ISP has provided a new password and the change is necessary. The Save this user name and the password.