Thread: Windows 7 sleep mode doesn't work

Exclamation Windows 7 sleep mode doesn't work

I have a problem with the standby on windows 7. When I close the lid of my computer, it goes to sleep but then I am unable to restart, or the screen is still black with the lights on or turn it if I touch the keyboard, asks my password to logon, and then crashes. I have to manually turn it off so I do not know whether I am missing something. Do you know what happens

Re: Windows 7 sleep mode doesn't work

With Windows 7 , the hibernation may have disappeared. To find it in Windows 7 (any version), do the following operations:
    • Go to Start then Control Panel
    • Go to the category System and Security
    • Then go under the category Power Options
    • Under Favorite Fashion , click Change settings for the active mode
    • Click Change advanced power settings
    • Unroll Watch and ensure Hybrid and choose Disable
    • This hybrid mode is disabled thereby activating the standby mode normal and hibernate

this will not pose much problem, but if it's a notebook that was 2 or 3 years, place it on the hard disk can be limited. It is therefore possible to completely disable the option of hibernation to recover hundreds of megabytes on the system partition already full by Windows 7.

Sounds like the hibernation has been disabled on your system, and at the same time, the standby hybrid, so you will need to type the command:

powercfg-h off.

The file "hyberfil.sys" will be removed from the hard drive.

To reactivate the hibernation command will be almost identical:

powercfg-h it.

It's up to you to configure the decision whether or not the DD and others during the standby at this location:

• Control Panel -> Power Options
    • In the left column, you click on Change the conditions of the standby computer
    • In the Edit Window mode settings, click on the link Change advanced power settings
    • In the small window Power Options settings you according to your wishes.
    • Take the example of the hard drive, you choose after how long it should stop, mains or battery.

You can do the same thing with USB devices, wireless cards, etc. ....
    Well, I hope it will help in solving your problem.

Thank you for this help but I already tried everything in the advanced settings and even creating new profiles. But it still does it hp laptop comes with Vista it has no plans (yet) that makes some drivers and HP recommends not installing Windows 7 on this machine. At least that is the new Norton 2010 is a regular background tasks that prevents sleep Sometimes I found it running without the screen after I had paused with the start menu and when I pressed the touchpad a window indicating that Norton was working pendantune rest.
    I will continue to experiment.

Try the steps which are mentioned below
    • Go to your Device Manager.
    • To do this, in the start menu search box, enter the text Device Manager, then click on the result.
    • Scan all your devices to cause problems.
    • In the screenshot below, you can see the mouse settings (think also keyboard, network card and printer ..).
    • You must uncheck "Allow this device in the computer out of standby" in the Power Management tab.
    • Do this for all other devices involved.

I did the test again by disabling Norton 2010 but same problem. I also edit in the G P USB ports without success. Even the screen saver W7 does not always work. It works once when I enabled it and after it does not work need for me to change it but still leave again for once. The screen turns off his property to the value of time parameterized. I keep looking. My brother has the same computer case but it remained on Vista with this problem also with sleep.