Thread: How can i factory restore an E machine W3609

How can i factory restore an E machine W3609

Hi, am in need of some help from you all guys.. One of my cousin has bought a E machines W3609 couple of months ago and now due to some problem he needs to restore it to factory settings. Problem is that we dont have its factory reset CD, lost somewhere.

So, could you guys please make me know how can i factory restore an E machine W3609 ? Also let me know where i can i get its factory reset CD, so that i can use it in future. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: How can i factory restore an E machine W3609

You can easily buy a set of factory image CDs from eMachines, however not all manufacturers odder it. You might also come across this CD sets for transaction on eBay and more such websites. Without this restore CD, yet you can reinstall Windows but you'll have to do little extra effort.

First of all you will need to download some audio video drivers for your system that you can get form eMachines website and set them aside on any external USB drive. Get a copy of the Windows XP installation disc for your windows version. You will get it borrow from anyone. Perform a usual installation of Windows, by means of the product key from the label on your PC. Install the drivers that you have downloaded as mandatory for anything that Windows doesn't correctly identify and support. Then activate your Windows installation.

This is occasionally fine thing to perform. Several brands of computers appear preloaded with so lots of "bloatware" applications and programs that attempt to be supportive that doing a fresh install like this gives you a quicker system after you're done.

Thats really a great info mate, thanks for that. But by doing so, the only disadvantage is that any preloaded software that may be worth having, like antivirus/antimalware, media players or CD/DVD burning application won't be there. You will require to do that manually. There are abundance to prefer for downloading.

It supposed to have arrive along with restore CD's, anyways, you can call on the contact number listed in the official link of emachine below or send them email requesting them for the same. I have gotten the restore CD's from them before at the time I needed. Hope they do it for you as well.

http://www.emachines.com/support/options.html