Thread: Asus Bluetooth Device

Asus Bluetooth Device

I'm on an Asus x71SL, running Windows XP sp3.

When I try to open anything involving bluetooth I get a message that says "Bluetooth device not found. Please verify that your Bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on."

The bluetooth icon is in my system try, but blue/red. I've reinstalled the drivers but it did not help. fn+f2 to turn it on says Wireless Lan ON/Bluetooth OFF.

Please help

Re: Asus Bluetooth Device

Many time i too get this error on my Windows 7 desktop with Bluetooth adapter. What i do to fix it is i just restart my pc and also the device that i want to connect or pair. The next time when i try to connect, it do and without any problem. I'll suggest you to try this first and if it still won't work reinstall the application again. Hope you are using Bluesoleil.

I've restarted a few times. I looked in my Bios and couldn't find anything about Bluetooth, but I'm weary of changing anything in the Bios myself.

I can't try to pair anything, because Bluetooth won't open. It won't turn on.

I think the Bluetooth device on your motherboard is failed or not working. The best way to fix this is to contact the nearest customer care center of Acer. You can show your system to them and they will figure out the issue. In my system of Sony my bluetooth device was damaged and similar message appeared. One more thing you can do is right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In the list look for your Bluetooth Device. If not found then it is gone dead. And if you see any yellow mark on that then right click and choose update drivers.