Thread: HTC HD2 cannot sync with WMDC

HTC HD2 cannot sync with WMDC

I have to switch to mac, I have a macbook pro with snow leopard and I should soon have a HTC HD2. I wish I could synchronize my htc but apparently my mac and mac os are not compatible. When using parallel desktop, Windows 7 and Outlook 2007, i can then install Windows Mobile Device Center to synchronize the HD2? Someone can already tried? Help me?

Dr. V Guest

Re: HTC HD2 cannot sync with WMDC

You need to use SyncMate, a free version lets you synchronize your contacts and calendar Ical or MS Entourage. To synchronize a folder or itunes or photos you will have to take a license. That is what I use and it works very well.
    There is just something that I can not do it when possible since the last version of SyncMate is your sync via Bluetooth Windows Mobile.

I have the solution for you, You go into the registry editor (type regedit in run) and you edit 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows CE Services \ SerialPort '. Normally there should have written "bluetooth" you replace the com port used by entering your pocket pc: my example is "COM 11"
    then you reboot and normally it's good.

It's simple to solve, you just connect the PDA via USB cable at this point Windows 7 will recognize it as a network edge, where you went to:
    - "Start" menu of your HTC or other
    - Then in "parameters"
    - Then tab "Connections"
    - Then in "USB to PC"
    - And there you uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality"
    And that's it, let Windows 7 do its job, and then surprise connected!,.

Manager for Windows Mobile 6.1 is only compatible with phones using Windows Mobile 2003 or later. ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Manager are incompatible with devices Windows Embedded CE 4.2, 5.0, Pocket PC 2002 and Smartphone 2002. (If your phone does not have a touch screen, to determine which operating system you are using Windows Mobile, click Start > Settings > About. If your phone has a touch screen, click Start > Settings > System tab> About.) To synchronize content with these devices, you'll need a USB or serial cable, a computer connected to the Internet Explorer files.

You must use Microsoft Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003 or Office Outlook 2007 to be able to synchronize your mail, contacts, tasks and notes from your computer. During the first synchronization of data with the Windows Mobile Device Manager, you will need a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.

Windows Mobile Device Center that ActiveSync XP is: the nerve center for managing your mobile device from your PC. Once installed on your Vista PC, this tool allows you synchronize of important business data such as emails, appointments to your calendar, contacts and tasks. This new version completely redesigned for windows 7 is expected, of course, be a major advance in the management of your media files. It includes a nice interface and a file browser.