Thread: A:/ drive error:shows "press F4 to resume"

hi! installed floppy drive(A:/ Drive) in my PC, but when it showed errors i removed its wire from mother board but did not remove the White head wire. After sometime i joined the other wire(which connects it to mother board). BUT still i'm facing the same problem that :-Whenever i start my pc it makes a beep sound and shows-
    A:/ DRIVE ERROR.
    PRESS F4 TO RESUME
    please suggest me what should i do to fix the problem

F4 is typically a BIOS error halt. Here you need to enter your BIOS/CMOS by pressing F2 or DEL, and immobilize the floppy controller/drive and place it last in the boot sequence. Now save changes and restart the machine. No matter if you just enter BIOS and saving changes with no changes, should clear it up.

i've tried all Key strokes but i'm unable to enter into BIOS. i dont get response from other keys and windows start normally but When i press F8 it shows to go into:-
    Safe mode
    Last good configuration
    Start windows normally

Which motherboard are you using and what operating system are you using? It will be also good if you can tell us your full computer configurations, download everest program that will tell you the components installed in your pc. Have you tried to press Del Key on your computer at bootup, usually most of the motherboard use del key to enter into their bios.

Look in the managements of the devices if you do not have something like USB controller or USB device that is on "disable". Also you might be aware that all motherboards do not work with the 'Del' key to access the BIOS. Try F2 or any other key.

hi friends! i've a problem which i've posted here A:/ drive error:shows "press F4 to resume"

i've tried all Key strokes(Del, F2, F8, F6, F10, F12, ALT+CTRL+ESC, ALT+CTRL+ENTER) but i'm unable to enter into BIOS. i dont get response from other keys and windows start normally but When i press F8 it shows to go into:-
    Safe mode
    Last good configuration
    Start windows normally
    and many more options, BUT NOT THE BIOS MENU

MY COMP. CONFIGURATION IS:-
    Board: Intel Corporation D865GSA AAD53275-202
    Operating System:Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    3.05 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    80.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    5.45 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
    TSSTcorp CDW/DVD SH-M522C [CD-ROM drive]
    SAMSUNG SP0802N [Hard drive] (80.06 GB)
    504 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Dont make new threads with the same title and same query. You already made a post regarding the same question, hence i am moving or merging the above post with the previous one.

Re: A:/ drive error:shows "press F4 to resume"

I think that your floppy drive is set as the boot drive because of which you are getting the same error. So go to the BIOS setting by pressing the F2 while computer boot and then to the boot menu and set the boot order of the floppy drive to last. And restart the system. I hope this will help you to get rid of the error that you are getting.

Re: A:/ drive error:shows "press F4 to resume"

thanks for reply. i'll try