Thread: How to Disable UAC in Windows Server 2008

How to Disable UAC in Windows Server 2008

Hi All.
    I need to know how to disable UAC in Windows Server 2008.

I am having an issue where I can't overwrite an existing file on a network share but I can create/delete/modify files no problem.

I believe disabling UAC will solve it.

Thanks for all replies.

Re: How to Disable UAC in Windows Server 2008

Use the following procedure to disable UAC:

To turn off UAC

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2.In Control Panel, click User Accounts.

3.In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.

4.In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off.

5.If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.

6.Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.

7.Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.

I came across that one and I don't have the Disable option.
    Only change UAC. When I select it I get a drag down security box to set it to never notify...

Does this turn off UAC?

When you see a message from User Account Control, read it carefully and check that the action name or program about to start is the one you intended. By verifying these actions before they start, the User Account Control can prevent malicious programs to install or make changes to your computer without permission.If you are logged on as local administrator, you can manage messages in the UAC security strategies local Administrator Approval Mode.

To do this elevate without prompting the user privileges. The application administrator and those that correspond to the facility are handled automatically through the full administrator access token. All other applications will automatically run with standard user token.

Request for consent on the secure desktop. The dialog control user account appears on the secure desktop. To authorize the use of an application with the full administrator access token, they must click on Yes or No in the dialog box User Account Control. If the user is not registered in the local Administrators group, the system asks for access rights. This parameter is in accordance with common criteria or corporate strategies.