Thread: How to restore Windows XP .BKF files in Windows 7?

How to restore Windows XP .BKF files in Windows 7?

Hi there, I am having a problem regarding the restoring of the back up in Windows 7. I had upgraded the my system to the Windows XP to the Windows 7. I have taken the back up of the files in the Windows XP which is saved as the .bkf extension which when i am restoring is not supporting so came here to solver the same. I think someone will help me to resolve this. The back up contain the important file which i need. So please help me with this issue. Any help may be appreciated. Thank you

Re: How to restore Windows XP .BKF files in Windows 7?

Hi, I think you have created the back that you want to run on the Windows 7 can be run only by installing the a tool which is made for the same. You can only convert the back of the older version to the Windows 7 with help of "NTBackupRestoreOnlyVersion" which is made for the Windows 7 only. So download the same and you will be able to make the change that you wish to do. Thank you

Microsoft it self provide a tool that is known as the Windows NT Back Up. This tool restore the older version of the operating system to the newer version of the Operating system. It facilitate the conversion of the back up make that compatible to run that on the Windows 7. So i will suggest you have one for your system and make the needful conversion of the same and enjoy the back up of your that you want to run on the Windows 7 platform

Use the following the to install and use the same. This is really helpful to back up the file that you want to restore.
    • Extract the files
    • Run the file NTBackup.exe
    • Removable Storage service
    • Now click on the next from the Welcome screen
    • Select Restore files and settings and click on the Next
    • Locate the same .BKF file and click on OK
    • Select file and folder you want to restore
    • Click on the Advanced button
    • Now select the alternate location and also enter the destination path
    • Now finish the same with clicking on the Next and OK

Thanks

Utility for restoring backups made on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to computers running Windows Vista and Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008. This software is officially released by the Microsoft. So you have to download the same and then use it according to your need. To download the same visit the Microsoft or click here for the same. Thank you

john_mayer1981 Guest

idea Re: How to restore Windows XP .BKF files in Windows 7?

use can use NTBackup to restore your files, and if you are not able to get the files back then probably your get corrupted and you need a special piece of software to recover your data from .BKF files.

Usually data recovery of your important data is a place to test your luck and recovery of your lost data is mostly depend upon the circumstances when or how it get corrupted.