Thread: Removing Parallels 3.0 and disk partition from Snow Leopard

Removing Parallels 3.0 and disk partition from Snow Leopard

I installed Parallels Desktop on my iMac but after rowing and am quite aware of the slowness of Snow Leopard compared to what gives Bootcamp, so I think installing Bootcamp Question I ask myself, how to uninstall Parallel is the partition I created 40GB will disappear and be converted back into space on my Macintosh HD.

How can we be sure that there is no trace of Parallel, I do not want to pollute my machine too now that I'm going to install Windows. please tell me how to Remove Parallels 3.0 and disk partition from Snow Leopard

Re: Removing Parallels 3.0 and disk partition from Snow Leopard

To remove Parallels Desktop, follow these steps:
    • Locate and open the installer DMG image that you used to install Parallels Desktop. Click Uninstall Switch to Mac.
    • In the Welcome dialog box, click Continue.
    • In the Select components to uninstall, select the components you want to remove and click Uninstall.
    • Parallels Desktop. Choosing this option will delete Parallels Desktop from your computer.
    • Application settings. Choosing this option will remove the Parallels Desktop settings, network settings and the list of registered virtual machines from your computer.

Dr. V Guest

To uninstall Parallels, you will have to go to the installation archive, and there search for an uninstaller. It will get you off all instances of Parallels. As for the RAM disk, if not erased, just put it in the trash ,this is actually a file. It is located in home / Library / Parallels. Good luck with Bootcamp. In my version of Windows XP Pro I have official SP2 refuses to move from the original CD. But i will advice you to use the parallel 3.0 program because it is one of the best application for switching between the operating system specially if you have booted with your system with Macintosh and windows.

If you already have Boot Camp partition with Windows XP or Windows Vista, it is not necessary to reinstall Windows on the virtual machine. A virtual machine that will use the Boot Camp partition as a hard drive will be automatically created during installation of Parallels Desktop. You can use the Boot Camp partition from the VM and Boot Camp. already that windows media is not to make the fluid streaming from Netflix. so I imagine not even train sim city 4, which natively with Bootcamp that I Reach the 300,000 inhabitants

With Mac OS X, many tools from the Unix world to manage partitions of hard drives, so much more advanced than the basic tools provided by Apple. Tools Apple impose such lose all data on a hard drive when you want to resize a partition. The command allows pdisk, from the terminal, to divide an existing partition into two (or more) without changing the others. It may also thanks to the command group two partitions, just to train more than one, and it still without touching the others. Normally, the command pdisk only changes the partition map, and does not affect the data stored on the partition with which we work. However, I can only advise you to still make a sauvergarde your data before changing partitions. In any case, neither Macbidouille nor myself can not be held responsible for the loss of your data.

The fdisk command is reserved for set off in DOS format. To view the manual, go to the terminal and type "man fdisk" (without ""). You should now have a description of the command. Browsing in the manual is this: it comes from a line by pressing the enter key, so that pressing the space bar, you go down page by page. The manual begins as fdisk. Since few people must have DOS partitions on their Macs, I'd rather talk about the command pdisk including the manual (available by typing "man pdisk") begins:It is indicated that the cons pdisk command does not support partitions in DOS format, and that in this case, you should use the fdisk command (logical as it is there for that). To you use the correct order to match the size of your partition