Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Clean install with Leopard Upgrade DVD

Operating Systems

Old 29-05-2010

Clean install with Leopard Upgrade DVD

I want do a clean install real, from scratch. But it means that I installed Tiger is first, then I move to Leopard. What idiocy. If I remember correctly, someone had figured out how to convert a DVD to upgrade to Panther DVD install - one file to delete and then re-imaged a disk image. Same for Tiger. Someone should he considered the case of Leopard? If someone has a Leopard Install DVD, you could compare them easily, no?

Old 29-05-2010

Re: Clean install with Leopard Upgrade DVD

If the easiest way to migrate its operating system is updated, some of them prefer a "full install" (clean install).
What for? To restart on a completely new system, with specific settings, that is to say they will drag no older snippets of previous systems.
In some cases, in fact, it can cause blockages or discomfort with unwanted behaviors.
Also, if you have big failures, this may be a solution to your problems.
Old 29-05-2010

Well I suppose that only the main executable file will be moved (AC useless to any move, you just prevent the software runs), not the preferences or other and as extensions and InputManagers (which are anyway in / Library / Extensions or ~ / Library / Extensions and / Library / InputManagers or ~ / Library / InputManagers)
Old 29-05-2010

Whether you're on Tiger or Leopard, you have the opportunity to perform update your system to Snow Leopard. This installation mode the simplest and fastest. This will avoid, for example, having to format your hard drive and reinstall all your applications. By performing the update, your applications, files, preferences and settings will remain intact. But all is not rosy and it may be that under this option you may encounter some bugs.
Old 29-05-2010

I'm going to buy the Mac box set, the Maj is too complicated, I want to erase my hard drive and install snow full version, not install Leopard and then do the Shift has snow, it's too long and complicated and if it there's a bug one day I'll reinstall Leopard homework and then Maj snowboard, cannot tries for me.
Old 29-05-2010

AppleInsider book details the process and options for installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard. QuickTime 7 and Rosetta (for applications to run non-optimized Intel) will be proposed, but their installation will remain optional. However, if the Mac already has a registration number QuickTime 7 Pro, the current version of QuickTime will be installed automatically.
Old 31-05-2010

I requires for your help in order to help me to install Snow Leopard, I wonder if when I "restore" my Mac partition (having deleted the other in advance and extended the Mac partition), it just enough that I insert the install disk Snow Leopard to start over and begin install, or should I install Leopard it beforehand?
Finally, another issue is that someone has already tested the installation of Windows Seven in dual boot with Bootcamp? I would make sure of compatibility Seven before installing this system, knowing that I use from time to time to play or for software (Cisco packet trace, ...) specific for my studies.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,