Thread: CD Drive problem Win 7

CD Drive problem Win 7

right i upgraded to windoes 7 on my laptop acer aspire and everything works fine apart for the cd/dvd drive, whenever i placce a cd or dvd it doesnt show up on the my computer bit at all but when i restart my laptop it shows up untill i eject and place another cd in then i have to restart again which gets really annoying if ur watching episodes of something D:

does anyone kno why thanks

Re: CD Drive problem Win 7

anyone kno why?

Can you tell us what is the make/model of your cd/dvd drive? I think you have to upgrade its firmware and then all will be fine. It might be also possible that the lens of teh cd/dvd drive might be dusted so you will need to clean it as well. You can also try to install its latest driver and the best place to find it would be the acer support site itself: http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx

TSST corp CDDVDW TS-U633A i tried updating the driver software but it says its already the latest

One of the user was also facing similar issue and to solve this he used some of his method which is mentioned below:

1. I went to the download section and downloaded the acer optical drive power management for windows home basic 32 bit,

2. When it was done downloading I right clicked-> properties->troubleshoot compatibility and selected "Try Recommended Settings Doing the same for when the program finally installed, which it might look at first that it isn't installing but it eventually does. After that i rebooted.

3. Then I went back to the acer website and to the download drivers and the BIOS tab and first I downloaded the updated bios 1.3 flashed it and rebooted.

-Then did the same for 2.3 (the one that is "bios (oe)"). After I did all of that once again rebooted.

4.Deleted I-Tunes because i have heard that it can cause dvd drive problems. Rebooted.

-On my system I have noticed that I can get access to my dvd drive upon reboot (even before all of those steps). So,

5. I went Control Panel->System and Security->Action Center->Troubleshooting->Hardware and Sound.

-Then when that pops up you will see a list e.g. sound (Playing Audo, Recording Audio), Devices (Hardware and Devices, Playing and Burning (CD's, DVD's, and BluRaydiscs), etc.

-Click on the one that says playing and burning CD's etc,

-When it runs click next and there will be two options one playing and the other burning cd's etc

-Click the first option and Place in a DVD movie, I placed in "The Dark Night" then run the trouble shooter.

-It found and fixed a problem.

Source: microsoft