Thread: Unable to choose preferred boot in automatically

Unable to choose preferred boot in automatically

I have a little trouble I just completely reinstall OSX Leopard on my Macbook Pro follows strong slowdown in my system and some bugs. An another I used Bootcamp to install a partition of 15GB + windows. There I just finished reinstalling both Windows and all my applications and everything is ok. Well almost but

The problem. I can not select my OSX system as a boot disk.

If I do not press the ALT key at startup, by default, I will start automatically on Windows. I wanted to select my default OS in "Startup" preference system. but I have nothing that appears. whether the windows partition, or OSX.

Re: Unable to choose preferred boot in automatically

Most probably this is due to Mac OS X because under Windows Control Panel you will not be able to set macintosh as a preference. However you can get rid of this problem by using the refit application which itself serves as a menu for booting. Moreover REFIT Is a boot menu and maintenance toolkit for EFI -based machines like the Intel Macs . You can use it to boot multiple operating systems Easily, Including Triple-boot setups with Boot Camp. It Also Provides An Easy Way to enter and explore the EFI pre-boot environment.

Blue screen with UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

My self using OSX Leopard MacBook I have apparently a very big problem. first I partitioned my hard drive so had to create a partition for Windows through Boot Camp and use some games I had before buying a Mac until then, everything went well both Mac and Windows.

Then I still partition the drive HD_Mac to create a space for backups, and since I used my Mac for several days without problems (except for games, I do not use the Mac and today, I told myself, I'll take me a little game so I wanted to reboot into Windows.

And that's where the problems begin: Windows does not start, there is a blue screen that tells me to restart without failure, but without fail I return to the same blue screen with writing Wholesale: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Hence the famous saying "when you have a mac, you should not bother with windows of bullshit because it provided" or "when out of the shit, you not going back" just kidding me just invent Do you have another computer if so you can always connect your mac slave and all formatting, and ban windowa of your world.

in fact it is the only one I propose to you immediately, then waiting may be the advice of those who chose to make life with Windows and have also had problems or just those who know the source of the problem and who can possibly help.

Nevertheless, having at my disposal a second computer (which allowed me to send my message) I continued to search for a solutions. Could simply hold down the Alt key to choose to boot into Mac. it seems simple but when you know ... in any case thank you for this forum, I have no doubt still have lots to discover the walk along. Now it remains for me to try to see what happens on my Windows partition. I hope not to make too much Silly things during my troubleshooting

You can always format your partition and redo a clean install. if it is something when planted at the facility. You can always format your partition and redo a clean install ... if it is something when planted at the facility. Finally for my windows is in the past (a past that I want to hide whatever job that I am compelled!) .But I know not at all what happens on mac. I was hesitating, but now I refuse because I have no use in final.

Seriously, I really intend to install via Parallels windaube (I liked the concept I must say) but I soon changed his mind, thinking back to what Bill kept me alive for years. that mother****er got rotten life, and I told myself that I would find an alternative if I ever really use an app on my mac crosoft.

As of today, because I am not of those who come to Chouin problems fofo on drums, and I totally banned windows of my home and found everything I needed on mac.