Thread: lost my powerbook install disc...

lost my powerbook install disc...

I have Macbook pro. I want to reinstall Mac os x in my computer, but I have lost my powerbook install disc. my brother have one macbook install disc. I want to asked would that cd work for me. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: lost my powerbook install disc...

You have to call Apple and inquire about the cost to obtain CDs for CE model replacement mac (it will have the Recovery CD and preloaded software Apple Hardware Test CD, whereas the purchase of Leopard not reinstall the system). Otherwise, it is also possible to find used Tiger on sites listing and bid (to buy a evrsion Universal DVD BLACK!).

As per my knowledge it is possible to use powerbook install disc of other computer. you will not get any difficulty in installing that cd in your computer. It is same like windows xp, in which you can install xp in many computer from one cd. Just install Mac os x in your computer from your brother's powerbook install disc.

Yes, you are able to install Mac os x from your brother's cd. Just use following steps to install Mac os x in your computer.
    1. Insert the installation disk and restore software that came with the computer PowerBook G4 (12 inch).

2. Double-click the Install Mac OS X.

3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

4. Select the destination volume for installation and click Options.

5. Continue to follow the instructions on the screen.

You can install mac os x from your brother's cd. Mac computers have always done amazing things in the most uncomplicated ways. That’s certainly not about to change now. While every new Mac is now powered by the revolutionary Intel Core technology, moving to the new generation is — you guessed it — as easy as using a Mac. Whatever software you choose to use in your new Mac, it just works.

This applies to Tiger and the Snow. Leopard is universal. I cloned a Leopard install disk my MacBook on a jack installed using my hard gray partition AFP and she fell into my old G4 Quicksilver as my DVD player was broken could not use my retail copy of Leopard at the time (I did not lead FireWire), it worked perfectly