Thread: How to rename file in Macbook

How to rename file in Macbook

I recently got the innovative macbook and I seem to have problem renaming my files by gradually twice clicking the file. I have an iMac at home and run and a Powerbook so I am by no means innovative to osx and I am familiar with that you are able to hit it off the file under finder and modify its name. But with my macbook it seems similar to I am capable to merely do that when I go to the files "get info" alternative and modify its name that way as an alternative of gradually twice clicking the file and renaming it. When I do so, it presently opens the file as an alternative.

Re: How to rename file in Macbook

First off you were trying to right hit it off (or on the macbook using the trackpad to hit it off on the file with two fingers which acts similar to a right hit it off) and the following menu comes up: File actions menu (right click). There’s no alternative to rename the file. If you would similar to be familiar with how to incarcerate the screen on OS X, look at our preceding post: Mac OS X Screen Capture Next, you consideration perhaps it would be in the finder edit menu at the top of the screen and perhaps you might in addition locate the shortcut key for renaming. An additional frequently used function that took you at the same time as to understand how to accomplish in OS X is to rename files. It took you quite a number of times to figure this one out and ultimately you originate the shortcut by accident.

If it's essentially opening the file, then you necessitate staying longer previous to the second hit it off. It's not actually a double-click. If you hit it off the name area of several "currently selected file", it is supposed to switch the name area to text editing mode. So, one single-click to choose the file, wait longer than the double-click intermission and single-click a second time. You be able to in addition single-click to choose the file and then press the return key to edit the file name.

If you are getting the appropriate popup menu it means you are somehow activating a right hit it off type click as an alternative of a left click (using terms you might be recognizable with if you are a innovative OS X switcher coming from MS Windows). Anyway, if for a number of reason you cannot get it to rename the method you are doing it, there are a bunch of additional ways to do it. As long as they get info window is popping up anyway, you be able to edit the name in the "name & extension" segment of that window. (if you cannot observe the name of the file there then you might necessitate to first turn down that diminutive grey triangle next to where it says "name & extension") or when a file is preferred, presently hit the enter button on the keyboard. And there are additional, but number 2 is actually the easiest. Anyway, to get the click to rename characteristic to run, let me presently tell you how to do it in case you are not quite doing it right. Hit it off once on the file to choose it and fully let go of the mouse button. Let a second pass and then do the similar thing, hit it off and fully release on the mouse button.

You have to have the same opinion with motulist on this- just clicking to choose and hitting "enter" attractive well made the twice hit it off thing superseded when I discovered that. No muss, no fuss and additional significantly no unintentionally opened files/apps from clicking once additional too soon. Similar to I said I utilize an imac at work and at home and had a powerbook for a few years at present change the speed of the twice hit it off to be faster than your current setting. System Preferences>Trackpad>Double-Click Speed> then adjust the speed by pull the bar to regulate how fast you desire it to be.

I am so aggravated and cannot locate a respond to this. Sometimes, I am able to hit it off on a file and rename it - other times - I cannot get it to permit me to right of entry the modify mode. I have merely had this MacBook in view of the fact that January and have approximately nothing on it. I have tried the return, right hit it off, sluggish twice hit it off and presently do not be familiar with what to do. These are Word documents. I am innovative to MAC and not delighted as I am not finding it spontaneous. Am trying to plough through the learning procedure, but infrequently have to go back to my previous lap top.

If you open a database in Finder and there are a large number of files in that directory, it sometimes takes at the same time as for Finder to display the entire the file icons. If you try to edit a file name during this procedure, you get the symptoms you described. Hang approximately for Finder to completely display the entire the file icons, then hit it off on the file and press Enter/Return to edit the file name.