Thread: Problems of ONYX in Macbook Pro pinwheel

Problems of ONYX in Macbook Pro pinwheel

I recently upgraded the ram in my mac book 15 "pro to spend two to four GB. Everything is going perfectly, it turns on and off much faster I can run more complex operations in Adobe Photoshop and Rhino. The friend who gave me the advice to upgrade me to enjoy cleaning with Onyx to improve performance further. Taking it in words, I make all possible cleanups, even warning me that I'm facing a slight slowdown for some uses after cleaning. It's been three weeks since I performed the cleaning and I feel to be back on 2 GB of ram. I started to worry, because I really feel like I ruined my new ram. Can I get the actual speed of the new RAM.?? Please try to fix my problem as soon as possible.!!

Re: Problems of ONYX in Macbook Pro pinwheel

I would like to inform you that the Onyx does not check the cookies of an Internet. So many times using the onyx makes the hard-drive more bitter and your system gets slow. Can you open and insert your dvd apple one?? and restart by pressing C. Can you restart your Mac by pressing ALT then what is he writing if your office is willing to open?? Hope that you will now ablr to sort out your problem.

I am also having the similar problem only the difference is an operating system. I'm on Windows vista or Windows Seven and when I run onyx.bat, it opens and closes automatically after one second? I have tried to do lot of things, even I searched it on the web but I was not getting an appropriate solution for that. Till now I am facing the problem and it is not been resolved. I hope that you guys can help me in this topic. Please do reply sooner.

Re: Problems launching Onyx

If you are having the problem while running the onyx.bat, then you will have to disable the UAC in VISTA or Windows 7. If you are using the Windows Vista then you can disable the UAC as mentioned in following links :
    How to Easily Disable UAC In Vista
    A simple code to Enable/Disable UAC in vista
    And if you want to disable the UAC from the Windows 7, then follow the link :
    Disable UAC / Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 Build 7000
    I am sure that your problem will get solved.!!

If you want the 2 servers with Onyx, then follow the instructions that I have mentioned :
    To start multiple servers, there must be two modules TMNyxServer with different folder names (eg TMNyxServer_1 and TMNyxServer_2, but you can put whatever you want as a name). However, if you let other modules without changing anything, they will be charged only on the first server started by onyx. So to choose which server modules running, add <entry key="parent"> TMNyxServer_1 </ entry> module.xml in if you want the module runs on the server with the folder name TMNyxServer_1.

To get the same module that runs on two servers, however, you must have 2 times the same module with different file names (example: inirecords inirecords2 and you can put the names you want here too). If you add a <entry key="parent"> TMNyxServer_1 </ entry> and the other <entry key="parent"> TMNyxServer_2 </ entry>. When configuring the second server, need to think different ports and different server account as well.

You have to go through the local network to reach your server. While there are several things to check :
    • Make sure you open ports in the router (TCP & UDP 2354 and TCP 2086)
    • Make sure you forwarded your ports to the IP of the server pc
    • Make sure to have a fixed IP on the PC server
    • Verify that these ports are allowed in the part
    • Make sure you put the ports in the server configuration file (dedicated_cfg)