Thread: Run logon script

Run logon script

Hello,
    I am trying to switch from one active directory to another one. I am running Windows Server 2003. I think I have completed shifting all the things such as DNS WINS, etc. The problem i have is of the Logon script, it is giving me an error for it. I do not know how to create the logon script and also do not know to run it. The fact is that I have less idea about the logon script, what exact is it? Thank you.

Re: Run logon script

The simplest method is to create a batch file (CMD file) with notepad and execute such functions. This requires knowledge of DOS commands and batch files. Another, but more complex method is to provide it with the help of Visual Basic, create a logon script. But before that you should know the basic of object oriented programming.

A logon script is a script that can be executed during a user logs on to a domain or Active Directory. The script contains functions that ensure that certain environments (variables, disk drives, printers, applications, etc.) to the user immediately available. Logon scripts are stored on each Logo Server (Application Server). On this server is the user database. Dedicated servers have only local user. Each server has the default logo Netlogon share. The scripts must reside on any server with a Netlogon share.

Here is an sample logon script, this is just an example

Code:
    @ Echo off
    Color 1E
    Cls

Echo.
    Good day echo% User Name%
    Echo Your computer is% ComputerName%
    Echo log on to the% LOGONSERVER%
    Echo your domain is% user% domain

Net Use X: \ \ Server1 \ Data
    Net Use Y: \ \ Server1 \ Install
    Net use Z: \ \ server2 \% username% $

I agree with the above post but there are some disadvantages of this too. CMD a logon script are very fast limits. Many queries, such as group membership, IP address, operating system, service pack are not so possible. To achieve these functions you have access to various. This slows down but the processing of the logon script. Nevertheless, various scripts necessary to cover the needs in the enterprise can be. Why we give you free on this page Netlogon tool available, which will cover your needs with safety and easy to use.

I am trying to install an AD with several different groups, the problem
    is that

- Some users belong to multiple groups.
    - Some users of the same group have the same rights of access to shared
    folders.

Here is the configuration problem:
    User A (Reading / Writing) on folders 1-5
    User B (read / write) on the 2-4 record and playback only for the folder 5.
    How to map each user file by avoiding creating a script file for each user?

The simplest mapping is to make a comprehensive record containing all of your file to be 1-5 up for each user using the same script and manage the rights directly through the ACL on the directory. From suddenly, the mapping is the same for everyone but according to the group or user, the content will be different. Regarding the history of users in the same group who have access to the same data, it should either create specific groups for access to your files or review your policy to disease groups. If it is a problem as some users this
    can happen but if the majority is concerned it may add greatly to the management term.