Thread: Drive automatically ejects disc

Drive automatically ejects disc

I wanted to burn music from itunes on a dvd rw while ago, But whenever i insert a blank cd/dvd my dvd drive ejects the blank disc after sometime. Please tell me how can i get rid of this problem. I am really struggling to burn a cd/dvd with my iMac please help me on this matter. Please suggest a suitable solution for the problem.

Re: Drive automatically ejects disc

The basic issue behind this problem seems as the cd/dvd because the writer may not be recognizing the brand of the cd which you are using so i wold like to know which brand of the cd or dvd you were trying to burn on your mac. Try changing the cd/dvd brand on your system. I think that this issue may be caused due to a bad cd/dvd or media. Moreover If you use a USB hub, disconnect it and connect the drive directly to the USB port of the computer.

To create audio CDs with iTunes, you must have a CD-RW compatible and Mac OS X 10.1 or later (Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later recommended). All CD-RW drives are compatible Apple integrated with iTunes. To see if iTunes works with your external drive, choose Preferences from the iTunes menu, then click the Burning tab. If your drive appears in the list, it will work with iTunes. If you burned a CD and it seems to "stutter" when you play on your CD-RW external, try to play it on your CD stereo system, or internal. Some external drives may give unsatisfactory results in reading. Hope you got the fix

I will suggest you to check the iTunes burn speed sometimes these errors arise when the burn speed is higher.

• Set the burn speed in iTunes on 2x:
    • In the iTunes menu (Mac OS X) or Edit (Mac OS 9), select Preferences.
    • iTunes 5 and 6: Click the Advanced icon, then click the Burning tab.
    • iTunes 3 and 4: Click the Burn tab.
    • Choose from the drop down 2x speed preferred. If the burn is successful, try to use a faster burning speed until you can no longer burn. Then, set the burn speed on the latest speed compatible.

If your playlist includes songs purchased from the iTunes Store (iTunes 4 only), you can only burn seven copies of the list on an audio CD. If you are unable to burn a CD which contains songs which you have bought, try to make it sure you haven't burned the same playlist 7 times. In addition, if the reading pieces is not allowed on the computer, you cannot burn.

When you insert a blank CD, a message asks if you want to continue, eject or initialize the volume (disk). Click Continue, then click the Burn button in iTunes to create the CD. To avoid this message, click the Burn button before inserting a blank CD.

If you can not eject a blank CD after inserting it, click the eject button in iTunes.

The iTunes software can be used for the reproduction of musical works. Their licenses only allow the reproduction of works not protected by copyright and those for which you own the copyright or reproduction. If you do not know your rights regarding reproduction of works, contact a legal expert.

Dr. V Guest

Quit all open applications before burning a CD.

Quit Classic environment of Mac OS X. To do this, go to the Classic pane of System Preferences.

Leave the recorder finish burning before you do anything else with the computer. Wait for the print to surf the Internet or listen to music with iTunes.