Thread: How to increase System Font Size in mac

How to increase System Font Size in mac

A friend of mine has a macbook pro, and with the native resolution, he finds that the characters are much too small. In Safari, or adobe, the solution is simple, but for the rest. It would therefore be in all fonts (both in the menus, task bars, in safari etc ..) are larger. So please tell me How to increase System Font Size in mac because I did not find the setting in system?

Re: How to increase System Font Size in mac

You can change your mac system fonts by clicking on your desktop not on any application and then go to the view menu situated at the top. Now simply choose the view options . Change the system fonts from here as you need and wish. for changing the program font size i think you will need to change it from the program itself. because in my opinion it must be independent of the system fonts. Try a large system fonts and check whether it applies to the program fonts or not. i will recommend you to use 14 to 15 pt.

This can be achieved by using a simple TinkerTool which is a graphical interface that gives access to hidden options and preferences of Mac OSX. TinkerTool has been split into two parts, one for operating versions prior to Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, one for 10.4 and later versions. The release for older systems has the version number 3.95 and is called TinkerTool Classic. The latest version of the tinkertool now has a Setting for iTunes 9 which is available if you are OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on your mac.

It is possible only by two way either you should try to get an application which will help you to achieve this after you install this application on your macbook or the second way to achieve this is to change you monitor resolution. I think you are working with a higher resolution. That's why your fonts appear to be smaller. Change the screen resolution to some lower value from the current one this will make your screen appear large than the previous one.

Dr. V Guest

I think that you should use the Tinker tool for increasing the font size this will surely help you to increasing the font size of your mac desktop. The tinker tool provide some access to the hidden preferences of the mac OS. Download the Tinker tool from any reliable resource and install the same on your mac . Open the application and change the font size of the system.