Thread: Windows XP and Time Capsule

Windows XP and Time Capsule

I would like it if any of you internal hard disk Time Capsule shared with a PC running Windows XP, tell me exactly, step by step how it has managed to do and where and how it handles hard disk. Right now I all I got is that the pc see the printer that I have connected via USB to the TC by the utility, and I get right down to the windows in the icon bar with the inner disk, as if could see it, but when I click on it and say I want to connect as a guest I am exactly the same, nothing happens. I have configured the disk so that guests can read and write in it (it is possible that windows can not read and write the hard disk of the TC because it does not recognize the format.

Re: Windows XP and Time Capsule

Let's see, I cannot guide you step by step, because they usually work with trial and error, but I can say that with XP are no problems. I have it configured as a network drive, and every time you start windows, it connects to that unit, in the same way they do the Macbook and Mac mini I have, and without using any extra profit. What's more, if someone has come home and joined my network can access the TC without any problems (giving username and password, of course).

Dr. V Guest

Well, I have xp and Vista on the same laptop and the two cases and after installing bonjour and the airport utility, it appears as one more unit. In fact the drive Z: \ and working properly. Ghost backup, dvd conversion, transfer files, etc.. Nonetheless, its first appearance and try to connect is to put the username and password and you're done. Hope that your problem will get fixed soon.!!

Because of a physical reorganization of service needed to save space, I intend to remove the "server" to install the database on a disk-type SIN. 3 computers with a wireless function, I chose a Time Capsule (TC). Apple does not provide technical phone support for using Boot Camp Beta, burning the CD Macintosh managers or the installation of Windows XP. Support is available on the Apple website. There is no fee assistance contracts for Boot Camp beta. After running Boot Camp Beta and installing Windows XP, you can switch between Windows XP and Mac OS X by pressing the Option key (Alt) during startup. You can also use the Control Panel in Windows Startup Disk preferences or Startup Disk Mac OS X to configure the default operating system to use each time the computer turns on.

The Time Capsule is covered by the AppleCare Protection Plan for your computer contract.
    1. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
    2. Supports access control WPA and WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access) and requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later or Windows XP with SP2 or later.
    3. 1 TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.

Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Wireless Internet access requires computer equipped with wireless network card, base station or access point and wireless Internet (fees may apply). Currently, some Internet service providers are not compatible with Time Capsule. Product specifications are subject to change without notice.

Wizard's Boot Camp allows you to easily create a partition used by Windows XP without erasing your data Mac OS X. Boot Camp Assistant only works with an Intel-based Mac with a single partition the hard disk. Boot Camp Assistant creates a second partition on your existing startup disk for the Windows XP operating system. You can choose the size of the Windows partition when running Boot Camp Assistant Beta, but it must be at least 5 GB and leave at least 5GB of free disk space for Mac OS X partition.

Let's see, I not a step by step I can give, because they usually work with trial and error, but I can say that with XP are no problems. I have it configured as a network drive, and every time you start windows, it connects to that unit, in the same way they do the Macbook and Mac mini I have, and without using any extra profit. What's more, if someone has come home and joined my network can access the TC without any problems (giving username and password, of course).
    ALWAYS RIGHT - OTHER WISE I WUDNT SEY IT