Thread: Finder can’t complete operation because some data can’t be read

Finder can’t complete operation because some data can’t be read

I am using Mac OS X with system. I am getting some problem while searching any file. Whenever I try to search any specific file, after some time I get error message saying that 'Finder can’t complete operation because some data can’t be read'. I am not able to find out the exact cause behind this error message. Please help me to resolve this issue. I would really appreciate your any help over this.

Re: Finder can’t complete operation because some data can’t be read

It sounds that there are some content which are read only and which causing issue whenever you try the searching. I would like to suggest you that make sure that there is no file with read only property. And then search to verify the problem. Please try this solution which will definitely resolve your searching problem.

According to you query it seems that your operating system might be infected by virus. And this generating error while you try search. If you want to resolve this issue, then for that you need to install any updated antivirus on your system and then scan all files from your system. I was also getting same issue and I also did the same thing.

I am also having same issue with my system i.e getting problem while searching any file. I also tried all of the possible solutions to resolve this problem, but unfortunately getting same error message. I am totally frustrated because of this issue. I also installed updated antivirus on my system, but it also doesn't make any difference in the error.

I think your operating system might comprises some problem and because of that you are getting problem while searching any file. So I think you need to reinstall your operating system. This is the ultimate solution to resolve this try of issue. According to me this OS issue can not be easily solved. But you can try out this.

This type of errors are very difficult to resolve as there are many issues that may cause this type of problem. It is also possible that you have not properly installed your operating system and which generating this issue. It also happened that the files that you want to search is virus infected. So it seems very complicated to find out the exact cause behind this.

Please review following solutions:
    • Make sure that read only property of all files is disabled.
    • Scan your system with updated antivirus application.
    • If above doesn't worked, then reinstall your OS.